Need help with my laundry/pantry room
eyk1987
This is my laundry room which I also use partly as pantry room. It is 66" x 109" Need help in design ideas to utilize the space efficiently as both pantry & laundry. Any help would be appreciated!
Allison Burnfield McAteer
If the budget allows get a new dryer and sink and extend the countertop all the way across. Habitat for humanity probably has a sink that will work. Paint the far wall a bright color with a bright curtian.
May 30, 2013 at 9:08AM   
eyk1987
Thank you for your comment. : ) I have the budget to renovate the room, just needed some advise. I know, this room really needs an overhaul!
May 30, 2013 at 9:28AM   
Kristin Maynes
Maybe a full size stackable washer/dryer would work...to free up more space for your pantry items. Here's a link to some great laundry rooms. http://pinterest.com/quaintcottage/pantry-laundry-room/
May 30, 2013 at 10:04AM     
Eagledzines
I would suggest getting front load washer and dryer and put them both on drawers. That will hide the hose and electrical box and give you space underneath for storage.

May 30, 2013 at 10:22AM     
Riviera Construction, Inc.
I think Kristen has the right idea. I see you already have front loading appliances. You should check with the manufacturer. They might offer a kit to stack the washer and dryer. Once you stack them, you can move the sink. This would provide additional room for a tall pantry cabinet. The only detail that may be an issue is the window at the end of the room. It appears the washer and dryer may interfere with the window casing. You may not be able to put stacked units at the far end of the laundry area. A possible answer is to recess the mechanical and dryer vent connection. I'm not sure what is on the other side of that wall.
May 30, 2013 at 10:35AM     
A Kitchen That Works LLC
I would concur with eagledzines, unless you have back issues. Bending down to the drawers for laundry soap may not be the best configuration for a person with back issues. If this is the case, when you are ready to replace your dryer, select a mode where the controls are in the front , then devise a countertop for across the top of the laundry units with a shelf above this counter stretching from the window wall to the the location of the utilities for laundry soap, etc. Installing a drying rack over the laundry sink is an excellent idea.
On the wall opposite the laundry machines, you might opt for shallow shelves (6-8" deep) for food storage , a wall mounted ironing board and clothes racks that fold back against the wall.
May 30, 2013 at 10:46AM     
Kristin Maynes
Love the cabinets and fridge in this pic...
May 30, 2013 at 11:41AM     
apple_pie_order
@eyk1987: what isn't working well for you now? Need more space for pantry goods? Need a laundry sorter for dirty laundry? More hanging space for drip dry things?
May 30, 2013 at 11:51AM     
eyk1987
Thank you all....for any additional ideas, please note that this room is 66 inches wide, 109 long.
May 30, 2013 at 11:52AM   
suzanne_m
Kristin's idea is a good suggestion if eyk1987 would like more pantry storage. If stacking the washer and dryer cannot go at the end of the room then they could stay where they are and move the sink where the dryer is currently located.
May 30, 2013 at 11:57AM     
A Kitchen That Works LLC
If the sink is placed adjacent to the window and the dryer is stacked on top of the washer then the vent for the dryer would need to be routed through the side of the dryer, preferably through a wall cabinet above the sink - probably not an optimal installation.
May 30, 2013 at 12:10PM     
eyk1987
In response to Rivera Const, the right side wall of the dryer is just side of the house, back of the dryer is garage. How difficult is it to recess the dryer vent connection?
May 30, 2013 at 1:04PM   
Riviera Construction, Inc.
Is it safe to assume the dryer vent exits the laundry room out the side wall? If so, it will take a little work but it's very doable.
May 30, 2013 at 1:59PM   
eyk1987
Yes it does and you are right about the window casing being in the way if I were to stack them at the far wall.
May 30, 2013 at 9:08PM   
Thoughts on Laundry/Pantry Redo
We're about to embark on a laundry/pantry room redo...
Combining the kitchen & laundry/pantry.
While in the midst of painting and refinishing the...
Need help with my mud/laundry/pantry
Building a new house, the space I have for mud/laundry/pantry...
Help my laundry room needs a laundry room(((
I feel like we are not using the space to its potential...
What doesn't need help?! My bathrooms, my kitchen, my laundry room.
My house is from 1979 and it totally looks it. We've...
Under cabinet hood or range hood ??
Please guide me what will be best option to put hood...
hidden L brackets for granite raised breakfast bar
Hello, need to find L brackets quickly for raised breakfast...
Kitchen island dilemma
What is your opinion of this kitchen island? Does it...
Houzzers help!
I've got to finalize my backsplash today. What do you...