Need help with our open concept living room and breakfast nook!
Amelia Laster
It's amazing how I can do this all day long in other people's houses, but not in my own. Here we have our living room, looking into our breakfast nook. We moved in about 3 months ago and Ive been making my way through a long list of projects ever since. Next month Ill be moving into the kitchen to start some redoes and I just realized the fabrics I have selected for the breakfast nook are likely to compete with my living room panels. The paint colors coordinate; BM Revere Pewter in the living and BM Puritan Gray in the kitchen. I actually selected the Puritan Gray because of how well it coordinated with the panels in the living room. I love Waverly's Santa Maria Pebble and all of it's coordinates, but the pattern will seriously compete with the panels in the living room. One of the coordinates is the Panama Wave, which is a chevron pattern. Think I could use it in the kitchen without issue? Or should I replace the living room panels with the Santa Maria so that they coordinate? Or other ideas? Im not interested in having the same panels in both rooms. I cant do matchy matchy like that. Thanks!
I feel your pain! I can look at Houzz dilemmas all day long and see what's wrong, but in my own home it's a whole 'nother story! Coordinate your panels with color, not necessarily with pattern, and it should all be ok.

How do you like your Revere Pewter, and did you use a flat finish? I have it in my living room, in flat, and I hate it. If I wasn't so tired of painting I would change it to pale aqua.
June 1, 2013 at 6:30AM   
Amelia Laster
We are also adding molding to the top of the nook windows in order to bring the height up to the same as the transoms in the living room.
June 1, 2013 at 6:30AM   
Amelia Laster
I actually really love it and I used an eggshell. The entire house is an 8yr old dingy shade reminiscent of Seville Tan, so anything is an improvement.
June 1, 2013 at 6:33AM     
I love it in eggshell too, wish I'd gone that way. We moved into this flipped house two years ago and every wall was painted beige. EVERY wall. I've just finished painting every room myself, that's why I'm not anxious to repaint the flat RP!
June 1, 2013 at 6:35AM   
need help for our Grand living room/kitchen/ and breakfast nook!
i have grey walls with light tan/beige tile floors....
Dire need of help for open-concept living room & dining area
It's been four months since we moved in, and we made...
need help for my ceiling and living room open concept design
Please see the photos.This is a view house,I need an...
Fireplace Help
We are moving into our first home soon, and the biggest...
Love my table but....
LOVE my table but I am redoing our floors in a house...
Where's chookchook?
Our beloved chookie hasn't been heard from in days....
Need help for master bath
I have a very high tech looking tub, 40+ jets, seats...
Black Granite - which one is least susceptible to "finger smudges"
I have to pick a black granite for kitchen (off-white...