Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kadrina

Help with master bedroom.

kadrina
10 years ago
Hello! I need help deciding on a room redecorate. I want to go lighter with the curtains, new bedding and a new dresser set for my master. Any help with colors would be great! Thanks!

Comments (29)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    10 years ago
    What is a dresser set? Bedding in lime and blue would be lovely with your blue bed wall? I'd like to see you add mirrored night stands and a rug that repeats the bedding colors. Draperies could be a linen texture in a color to match your headboard.

I'd look for a lime quilt and add blue pillows to it. At the foot of the bed could be a folded blue duvet or quilt. I like the lime green rug below to go partly under the bed. This rug is made of recycled plastic bottles and I would not think of showing you such a rug if I hadn't just come from Pottery Barn where I saw a kilim style rug made of the same thing. I would never have imagined it could be so nice looking and feeling and be an indoor/outdoor rug. Should be great with the dog.
    Thom Filicia Key Lime Rug · More Info
    Blue Noe Sham, Euro · More Info
  • Diana Beeler
    10 years ago
    I don't think there should be an accent wall at all. What colors do you love?
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Carolyn thanks! Dresser set meaning a highboy and a wide one, so 2 total maybe in a grey color. I love the lime color idea, how about curtains? I have 2 mirrored end tables from pier one next to the bed :)
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I feel like my options are limited w my accent wall a nd wish I'd kept it gray throughout. I do love both colors and wanted to add other colors, like a bright yellow or green. I also have a dark gray shag rug under bed
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I love your accent wall with lime green, and since you already have a rug, you could select lime green curtains instead of changing to a lime green rug. Are you going to keep the chest that is in the photo in addition to adding 2 more storage pieces. It seems like too much to me. In fact, two night stands and a dresser seem plenty.
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I definitely like the lime green bedding idea, along with maybe linen colored curtains w a lime colored stripe or something. Would like to stick with rug too, good for dog :)
    As far as my dresser, I will get rid of that and get something larger to fit my husbands clothing as well as my own. I think black would be appropriate w the lime accents
  • Mark
    10 years ago
    The grey and bright yellow combination is cool as well. I love the wallpaper!
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Black is beautiful!
  • moesdecor
    10 years ago
    You could repaint the acccent wall with the same grey, then you don't have to worry about blue.
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Mark! I would love that pattern to come in curtain fabric! I think I might try to work w my blue wall
  • Mark
    10 years ago
    Which pattern Kadrina ? The grey wallpaper pattern ?
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    What do you think about orange as an accent color?
  • Diana Beeler
    10 years ago
    @Mark-I am in love with the grey and yellow combo picture!
  • PRO
    Matt Patterson Custom Homes
    10 years ago
    Colors are so personal. Why not find the bedding and pull colors off of that. You repainting?
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Orange looks great with blue and gray.
  • Mark
    10 years ago
    I think orange as an accent chair would look fab, not sure how bright or what shade of orange you were thinking of but it would add a real nice jolt of color. I'm loving that idea Kadrina.
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Picked this p today, not totally sure but def a pop of color!
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Also found great curtains to match my bed :)
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    It will look great with a white quilt on the bed with the orange pillows, and the orange and white duvet folded at the foot of the bed.
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    Whoa, really love Mark's suggestion above. One thing you might consider is painting your dresser and adding new pulls. That would be a whole new look for cheap. More money to spend on bedspread, etc.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    I'm glad you settled on white draperies. Lovely and you'll be able to use them even if you change accent colors.
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    This is beautiful and might go w the duvet from west elm instead and keep the orange pillows
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Carolyn for the suggestion on the curtains, so glad I found a grape at texture too!
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Oops I meant great texture
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    21 minutes ago you wanted the orange!
  • kadrina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yah too much orange may not be a good thing though. I would still keep my orange pillows!
  • Mark
    10 years ago
    I loved the orange and white duvet, but happy to see your finding things that you really like Kadrina !
  • leelee
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Time to look for some bedside table lamps. You need two and they don't necessarily need to match. You have two tables that don't match. The far table is too short...needs to be as high as the top of the mattress. Here are some ideas for lamps.

I think the starburst would look better in the middle, slightly lower, of the big wall next to your bed. Try it & see.
Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6