Any ideas on what to do with this wall
lsanderson50
Want to keep TV to the left of fireplace but need something to balance off the wall. Would like a light feel to the room not built in's. THANKS in advance for your comments and ideas!
studio10001
A pair of matching consoles would maintain the feel you are after, and give a place to hide wires. Look for colors that will bring it into the palette: http://flatideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Console-Table-1.jpg
June 1, 2013 at 4:49pm     
lsanderson50
I like the idea of matching consoles but dont seem to find simple lines that are no more than 5 feet long and about 14 inches wide.
June 1, 2013 at 5:08pm     
dbeeler1
I am a "clock a holic" LOL! I have quite a few..But could you put a mantle up and move the clock to another wall? The clock is awesome but too much for the room where it is? The clock relocated to the wall on the right might look great and would "balance" the TV on the left?? Maybe blinds and silk panels to soften things up? An area rug that has some lightness and a subtle pattern that is still large but "pulls" in the colors you really love might be awesome..what do YOU really love in the room and what could be replaced?
June 1, 2013 at 5:13pm     
dbeeler1
And yes matching consoles on either side would be great-TV above one and Clock above the other??
June 1, 2013 at 5:16pm     
Vivian
I would paint just that wall the same brown as the floor and brick so it recedes. Do I see a needle point on the stool? You need another large but smaller than the TV rectangle on the black wall and a piece of needlework with the the browns and grey blues would be really nice. Paint the little stand black or make a fabric drape (the bunnies say casual comfy to me, and it would create another rectangle and you would have three at the botton in black, the two to the sides (maybe a rectangle arrangement of pics would also work and then the circle clock will pop and you have balance.
June 1, 2013 at 5:19pm     
dbeeler1
I realize IKEA is not for everyone but my Son pretty much had the same predicament and found some good pieces. You could look online for ideas like that and check other sites and see what may be comparable.
June 1, 2013 at 5:21pm     
lsanderson50
We are replacing all of the furniture etc and yes the clock is going to be relocated to another area of the house. I just updated my kitchen and am trying to update the room. Never thought on placing the clock to the right but might try that idea. Was thinking of adding 2 console tables as studio 10001 recommends but can't seem to find the right one at the right price. I'm attaching an image of the kitchen that connects to the family room. I purchased a more modern sofa at IO metro that has a natural fabric and has no skirt etc... am working on the chairs now. Any ideas are more than welcome as well as products
June 1, 2013 at 5:27pm     
lsanderson50
hi vivm there is on needlepoint in the room. thanks
June 1, 2013 at 5:37pm   
lsanderson50
sorry meant to say No needlepoint in this room
June 1, 2013 at 5:37pm   
studio10001
Try looking at console tables, rather than TV consoles. Also, if you can let us know what country you are in, and the color palette and style you are headed for(pics are appreciated, too), we'll be able to help a bit better. In a 2 minute search, I found this in the right size - I bet the right style is out there,too! - http://images.hayneedle.com/mgen/master:SEI384.jpg?is=630,630,0xffffff
June 1, 2013 at 6:34pm     
Consider tv credenzas - you can search for them in the box above under Photos. I won't go into the clock thing, but elsewhere would be the best location for it since it doesn't wind, chime or have any antique cache'
June 1, 2013 at 7:17pm     
sharon3986
I think you could add Ikea floating shelves x 3 on the right side and leave the TV on the left as it is in the short term. Perhaps later you could mount the TV and have a floating cabinet to put the audio visual stuff in. Pic is a guide for the floating shelves. Also I would get a size smaller than the width of your space so they don't look like built ins. Keep us posted on whatever you decide!
June 1, 2013 at 9:45pm     
lsanderson50
I love the idea of the floating shelves on the right side along with with console on each side. I am going to search for the tables now. Sharon thanks I love this idea
June 1, 2013 at 10:09pm   
Vivian
I love the idea of the floating shelves also as they are perfect for creating that rectangle. If you do not find consoles, you might think about a padded lift lid bench. It would also provide a little extra seating when you have guests and storage for throws etc.
June 2, 2013 at 5:28am   
sharon3986
Just checking in for an update! I'd love to know what you decided.
August 17, 2013 at 3:31pm      Thanked by lsanderson50
lsanderson50
hi Sharon I am ready to purchase 2 of these for one on each side of the fireplace and just purchased paints to begin painting the fireplace tomorrow (have 4 paints I will be layering on. In addition building a mantel that cuts across and floating shelves. promise will post pictures soon
thanks so much for caring to follow up
August 18, 2013 at 2:19pm     
sharon3986
They will look fantastic! So glad you found a solution.
August 19, 2013 at 12:36am   
noelcf
Ditch the clock. Go to article on clutter in the August 2013 (18th of August email date). Place a mantle onto fireplace and move TV to above that new mantle. The TV and the clock and the bare right side need changing. Hope you can accomplish what you want to do here.
August 19, 2013 at 1:17am   
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Need ideas for tile in shower
Redoing shower. Looking for white ceramic tile desughnsb...
Need Help with Family Room
I have a dilemma with what I should do with my family...
Front door color
I know in need a total makeover for the exterior of...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...