Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amaraenzo

How did you scure the reclaimed beam?

Enzo Amara
6 years ago
I'm picking up my insert next week and my wife wants a design very similar to yours to match the rest of our old room...
Framing the whole thing shouldn't be a problem, however, I'm trying to wrap my head around how to get the beam secured to the frame without leaving any nail or screw heads apparent... Did you carve out most of the material in the beam so it doesn't weigh too much and then used French cleats or brackets of some sort? Any tips on how to hang the beam would be very very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Enzo
Light Farm-Kitchen · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Sullivan Building & Design Group
    6 years ago

Enzo,

Our beams were screwed in from the inside of the frame of the hood. Remember, we had a roof mounted fan so it was just the controls and screen vent inserts that

we had to apply after the hood was made. You could also make nice plugs from the

back of the beams you have to cover any face screws that you may need.

Cheers and good luck,

Neil

• Enzo Amara
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks Neil. Right after posting my question I realize I could screw from the inside (well, if I have room to do so!). Plugs is a great idea, thanks for the tip and answering my question! Great work you guys do! I'm in Chester County so close to you guys and really like all of the work you do on old homes. thanks again. Enzo.