Square knobs or long pulls?
pattyboone
June 2, 2013 in Polls
Help us decide on cabinet hardware. The drawers will have a pulls similar to the ones picture, only the drawer pulls will be longer. Should we go with square knobs or long pulls for the cabinets?

Ignore the birthday decorations!
Square knob
Long pull
nguyenhuong85
Long pull all the way.
June 2, 2013 at 7:06PM   
Might be too much if you have an extra long pulls.
June 2, 2013 at 10:51PM   
onthefence
I would do the square knobs. Too many long pulls starts looking like stripes.
June 2, 2013 at 11:11PM     
ReMax - Lisa
My vote is for square knobs. I think the long pulls look like ikea, and really only look good in an ultra modern kitchen. Your bar stools are lovely but not ultra modern.
June 2, 2013 at 11:14PM   
LB Interiors
I wouldn't do either. I 'd use a shape that has a slight curve. Especially if you like the stool design. I like the softer lines while still being simple.
June 2, 2013 at 11:17PM     
pattyboone
Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!!
June 3, 2013 at 6:27AM   
Funny, I thought the birthday decorations were paint sample strips left for helping decide LOL
June 3, 2013 at 6:30AM     
I find the square knobs you've chosen particularly subtle and beautiful, so that's my vote. The longer pulls are nice, but not quite as special.
June 3, 2013 at 6:33AM     
handymam
Happy birthday to someone! Hope they get square knobs!

LB, I love those pulls, but I agree with onthefence. With all those thin cabinet doors, it may look striped.
June 3, 2013 at 6:37AM     
ortizm
Beautiful kitchen!
June 3, 2013 at 6:40AM     
LB Interiors
I'm thinking that the ones I posted are not as long as the 'long pulls' posted. Most all cabinets already have very sharp straight lines. The shorter pulls will lessen all the linear lines somewhat because they're shorter. That's my thought. There is a slight curve to the recessed panels in the cabinetry, that's why I like them curved slightly.
June 3, 2013 at 1:24PM   
pjmill
They don' t even measure by "wattage" anymore. Time to update the solutions to the "new" lighting terminology and light bulbs .
June 3, 2013 at 9:55PM   
momof5x
I think either are fine but the square one goes with the shape of the kitchen and like onthefence said, the longer one can look like stripes. I would base my decision on which one would be easy to replace if you wanted to ever change or fix one for example. If you want a lesser striped look, you could add the square ones to the doors and longer one to the drawers.
June 3, 2013 at 10:26PM     
handymam
pjmill, what are you talking about?
June 4, 2013 at 4:22AM     
mefor
I think mix of the square for doors and for drawers, the pulls that LBInteriors suggested would be lovely. Long pulls wouldn't work in your kitchen, they're too modern. Lovely kitchen, BTW :)
June 4, 2013 at 4:27AM     
handymam
Duh...mforr, that is the best solution so far! Use the square and the curved that LB suggested.
June 4, 2013 at 4:30AM     
SophieW
You have lovely 'traditional' raised panel cabinet doors, it's only the colour that makes them look modern, so maybe you should do the same sort of thing with the pulls... a traditional shape but in a modern colour. A beautiful pewter pull like the one found at Lee Valley http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/OnlineCatalogs.aspx in the Hardware catalogue on page 11 item HH. (H in the picture)
June 4, 2013 at 4:37AM   
mefor
Momof5x has the same idea, props to her too!!
June 4, 2013 at 4:48AM     
handymam
Yes, I must have missed thta! A great solution still.
June 4, 2013 at 5:01AM     
mefor
It would look really nice, wouldn't it? Love a little variety.
June 4, 2013 at 5:05AM   
thelakehouse
Mixing knob and pull styles give it a more custom look... I agree with Momof5x and Mforr!
June 4, 2013 at 5:45AM   
pearlmelba
Square and long pull
Fab kitchen !!!!
I just love your bar stools
June 4, 2013 at 6:16AM   
LB Interiors
mforr, two ideas are better than one :))
June 4, 2013 at 8:36AM     
mefor
You're darn tootin'!!
June 4, 2013 at 8:52AM   
mccortb
The problem w long pulls is they catch on your clothes! I spent over $600 on pulls and wish I could do squares! Remember the design addage LESS IS MORE!
June 4, 2013 at 9:01AM     
Amy Stanley
Of the two you have pictured I prefer the square knobs- I really like the one posted by LB interiors above though it mimics the handles on your appliances!
June 4, 2013 at 9:36AM   
LB Interiors
If you haven't already purchased, what about the curved handle with an oval knob or one that is made in the same collection with the curved design. I'd use handles and knobs on cabinets. All the same is too much of a good thing. The eye needs a break. Do both with a knob style for this collection.
June 4, 2013 at 9:41AM     
pattyboone
I live the idea of the square knobs with the pulls on the drawers but sometimes you have to pick your battles. We are going with the pulls but I'm picking out the pendant lights for above the island!

We are going with a shorter version on the pulls on the cabinets and a longer version on the drawers. The drawers are very wide in this kitchen. It might be hard to tell from the picture but the pulls mimic the handles on the appliances.

Worst case scenario we install the drawer pulls, decide the pulls on the cabinets won't work, and exchange the for the square ones.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! Hopefully my hubbies choice looks great when it's all together.
June 4, 2013 at 10:18AM   
LB Interiors
That works well too! Good luck and please post pics.
June 4, 2013 at 12:09PM     
pattyboone
Here is the cabinet pulls! The drawer pulls are longer.

Thanks for the input everyone!
June 22, 2013 at 6:53PM     
LB Interiors
Good choice, I like that they are not hard lined.
June 22, 2013 at 7:28PM   
Various types of upholstery chairs
After its successful invention, the next focused by...
Coastal front door color
Hi folks, I'd greatly appreciate suggestions for...
Living room drapes
I want my living room drapes to look like this. Is...
TV wall
Need ideas on things for my TV wall
This dining room is holding me hostage ...
... I can't walk by this room without stopping to stare...