should i remove these walls to make kitchen bigger?
revencolo
the apartment is small , so i want to remove some walls to make it looks bigger. the original Room diagram is attached
I vote for opening the wall.
2 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 1:01AM
revencolo
thanks , now the problem is should I use separated dining table or one-piece counter like the pic below
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 2:07AM
revencolo
which looks more comfortable?
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 2:07AM
Ameerti Jameela Mansions and Estates, Inc
First of all you will need to figure out if any of them are load bearing walls before you start to remove. This will effect your construction method. Once you have determined that then it would for sure be nicer as an open plan...
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 2:34AM
revencolo
thanks, robertgrebic. I have checked they are not load bearing walls. and for the open plan ,which option do you think is better,I mean the position of dinning table
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 2:57AM
the essentials inside
Hi all!

revencolo - do you mean you will have space for either a dining table or a counter/bar stools set up? If that is the choice, it really depends on how many people you need to make room for & will you have room for guests. How will you be using the space in front of the powder room door?

Lyvonne
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 7:39AM
revencolo
thanks, 'the essentials inside' for you comment. actually we are not care about how many people to make room for dinner , because usually there should be no more than 4 people. what we care most is how to make it look nice.
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 6:56PM
Good Morning, To be honest, I would keep the sink n the bathroom and the added pantry is nice. I am guessing this is Option 1. Since you and your wife are the ones that will live in this space 99% of the time, then honestly you are the focal point. I like the Island with the stools and from looking at the space you can keep all three; the Bathroom with sink, the pantry and the Island with stools. However you might have to make the bathroom just a bit smaller and consider the use of a pocket door.
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 9:32PM
revencolo
is there any improvements
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 11:39PM
ncreature
The kithcen/bath is inefficient. The vanity needs to be in the bathroom for all kinds of reasons. I would put the tub where you have the vanity in the corner where the corner windows are. If its a freestanding tub that will be a nice focal point for the room (you can work out a rain shower situation into that) and wall off that space to the kitchen. RIght now it's just a nothing alcove anyway in your current plan. Have the bathroom door opposite the bedroom. Where the tub is now. There's some plumbing to move but nothing too crazy. That will open up space for maybe some linen or closet space (perhaps even a small stackable washer/dryer) as well as a vanity in the bathroom.

If you want to keep the space feeling light and open you can use frosted laminated glass to partition the bathroom from the kitchen. That will buy you back a few inches and allow the natural light to filter into the space from that corner (just make sure its frosted enough to where you're not seeing naked shadows at night if someone is in the shower or on the toilet).
0 Likes   June 3, 2013 at 11:53PM
revencolo
i didn't get you quite well , ncreature, do you mean it's better not to shrink the space in bath room?
0 Likes   June 4, 2013 at 1:22AM
Should I move or remove dining room wall to make more open?
My house is a bungalow in Charlotte NC with a separate...
Should i remove walls separating my kitchen from the only living room
I have a specious square living room, 1/6 of it is...
I want to make my living room bigger. It is attach to my kitchen. I ha
The first one is my kitchen directly connected to...
How can I improve my kitchen. Should I remove cabinet doors?
Hi! I can really use some help. I am having a difficult...
i need help with my kitchen design & making small space look bigger.
i just bought a bachelor unit. i need to design the...
Empty wall
Looking for a creative way to fill this wall space....
Looking for recommendations for a pro Kitchen renovator in Pittsburgh
I have a small 10X10 kitchen and we are looking for...
Need help for small living room!
My fiance and I moved into our house a month or so...
Need help with small entrance
Hi houzzers, I'm in desperate need to your advice....