Kitchen color help
Kacee Blackwell
I want to add some color to my kitchen without a major overhaul. What color do you suggest for painting the wall above the cabinetry? The 2nd photo is a close up of the granite. It's mostly dark green with black, copper, and light green in there. Suggestions?
Amy Stanley
Could you pull the lighter green out onto the walls? Pulling out the copper might be nice and warm too!
June 3, 2013 at 7:23PM   
Kacee Blackwell
I have thought about trying to find a suitable light green, but I don't want to add any more brown to the room. What do you think of a brick red?
June 3, 2013 at 7:27PM   
Amy Stanley
I would navigate towards earthy tones- something more rusty then red you don't want it to look Christmasy..
June 3, 2013 at 7:37PM     
I like the idea of the dark rich copper. Change the accessories to tangerine instead of red.
June 3, 2013 at 7:42PM   
dmoran0
The floor is a lot of the problem since it adds yet more of the same tone. I'll bet you could get away with a couple rugs on either side of the island and solve the problem. There are some great indoor]outdoor rugs with classic style out there. And you might be able to add something like a couple baskets and/or art vases or pottery on top of the cabinets for additional interest and color. I can see adding some teal along with warm copper or brick colors in there.
June 3, 2013 at 7:56PM     
mjolmjol
Nice kitchen. I have a lot of earthy tones in my kitchen with the same granite. Uba tuba, I think, but painted some areas around the cabinetry a brick red. Not a xmas red. Looks great. Then add some accessories to tie together. If you add more earth tones it all melds together. I have a breakfast room adjacent painted brick red also with white trim.
June 3, 2013 at 8:01PM   
mjolmjol
Too bad I didn't clean up the messy stuff first.
June 3, 2013 at 8:02PM     
Kacee Blackwell
dmoran, I'm curious about your teal and copper suggestion. I have teal in the dining room which is thru the doorway in the first pic and also a teal couch in the living room. I'd love to tie that in somehow, but I really can't visualize that. Any pics?
June 3, 2013 at 8:14PM   
dmoran0
I have lots of teal also, but I think anything in the teal to sea green area that blends (doesn't have to be matchy matchy) with the undertones in your granite would work.as accessories along with copper or brick red.
June 3, 2013 at 8:48PM     
dmoran0
And mix with colors like these:
June 3, 2013 at 8:58PM     
dmoran0
Then add a rug or two and no paint!
June 3, 2013 at 8:59PM     
Copper Leaf Interior Design Studio
Green for sure, Svelte Sage or Clary Sage by Sherwin Williams, would work out nicely. With all of the warm tones in your kitchen and trim, the green will compliment and you can still add your copper accents.
June 3, 2013 at 9:02PM     
AliciaTappDesigns Images on Tiles
I added a tiled backsplash to your image.. See how it now has a bright focal point. You can coordinate colors and objects with the colors in mural
http://www.AliciatappDesigns.com
Any image on tiles
June 3, 2013 at 9:14PM     
deannak723
Using brick red or any red can give it an Asian feel. Then you can tie thT look together with small decorative pieces
June 5, 2013 at 6:30AM     
Need advice for my space
This is a apartment so there are limitation when it...
Daughter's bedroom is small, need help arranging
Hi, my dilemma is how to arrange my daughter's room...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
What is this?
Can someone tell me what kind of tree is this?