I need some help with choosing blinds and possibly sheer drapes in my living room.
mollymorgan
June 5, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I am having a dilemma. My living room will also have a projector screen hidden in the ceiling for cinema viewing. I was going to have sun shade blinds and block out blinds but i'm thinking of block out blinds and 'sheer drape style curtains'. The overall look of the room is modern beach home. What do you suggest please???
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Fred S
If you can get block out blinds that are top-down and bottom-up I would do sheers. The other would look a little odd maybe.
June 5, 2013 at 1:20AM   
mollymorgan
I am not entirely sure i know what you mean. Instead of having double blinds i.e. block out and sun shade blinds i would be having only the block out blind but having sheer drapes floor to ceiling...What would be better do you think? This is a complete house renovation so i don't have photos yet.
June 5, 2013 at 3:26AM   
Fred S
The sun shade would allow light in, but provide control of how much and some privacy. With the top down feature on the room darkening/ block out blinds, you still get light controlling and privacy by letting light in from the top when you want it. Or you can open them all the way up. You would not need two separate blinds to do all that you want. See this example. http://lowes.levolor.com/products/cellular-shades/options.php
June 5, 2013 at 9:28AM   
PRO
JMittman Designs
I would do woven shades with a blackout liner for a "beachy" room. Look at www.horizonshades.com You could add some linen type panels on the sides. I do not care for TDBU shades personally, and think think they are too contemporary looking for a beachy theme.
June 7, 2013 at 6:08AM