Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktapos

Proper Bed placement for Big Girl Room!

ktapos
10 years ago
Ok IGNORE all the junk in this room..... Just keep the carpet and envision with a precious little throw rug somewhere for some color!

My daughter is about to outgrow (escape one too many times!) her crib and we need to move her to a big girl room. I’m STUCK at where to place the bed—that’s the biggest part!

Bad picture I know...... I’ll take a better one when I get home this afternoon. The shot is taken from the doorway of a jack and Jill bathroom and then there is another door (entrance into room) on the other side of that built in on the right side of the first pic (see second pic if confused). Not wild about the builtin in general but we just replaced the carpet so we need to live with it for a while!

Which basically leaves me the wall with the window and the wall that that bed is currently on (which I hate--SO wrong to walk into a bedroom and see bed in this position--it should face the entry door, right?)..... And then the wall on the left is just two sets of closets and the window seat.

This is bugging me. That bed is a full so it’s about 75 inches long….. for measurements sake. I guess a twin or double would work on the wall with a window? Just seems so blah!

Am I missing another good option? Like a daybed? I weird about “weight” in the room furniture-wise and this road block has me blocked!

I very much appreciate and value your opinions or suggestions! Want to get started but can’t seem to figure out how!