Blah Blah Blah livingroom I need help!!!
shelleyallanson
I have a odd shaped living room with a corner woodburning stove a sectional and entertainment center. I have plain brown curtains brown walls and a taupe sectional. One wall is so vare I have no idea what to put there. I would love it if someone could help me to add some color!!
Sounds like a great challenge. :) Do you have any pics of the space you can attach to get a better idea of what you are working with?
June 6, 2013 at 1:24pm     
michigammemom
I agree that a photo would be helpful to visualize your dilemma. With brown walls and brown curtains, I would suggest a light colored rug like the fluffy flokati in this inspiration room. Also consider some vibrant throw pillows to add color to your sectional.
June 6, 2013 at 1:29pm   
shelleyallanson
I would love to post pictures but cant figure it out lol
June 8, 2013 at 6:46am   
shelleyallanson
here we go
June 8, 2013 at 7:18am   
Things you can do to turn your room from blah to WOW:
1. Remove the entertainment center and replace it with a media console with the TV mounted on the wall above, or setting on the console. Ikea has some wonderfu ones and I also like the one below from Crate & Barrel.

2. Change your rug to a more colorful patterned one. Take colors from the rug for pillows in the 20 to 22" sq. range.

3. Remove the center drapery and let the other two hang straight down, pushing them a bit more to the sides.

4. Remove one end table and substitute a floor lamp in that location. Retire the other end table and replace it with a less heavy looking round one. I like the copper topped one below for your house but please have a piece of glass cut for the top so that the copper doesn't get stained.

5. With a sectional that has one side longer than the other, I would use a rectangular coffee table and one that is not so heavy looking. That's the second time I've mentioned "heavy looking".

6. Please replace your chunky console table with something lighter in visual weight. Get one or two big vertical paintings or a set of 4 pictures to go above it. Put 2 lamps on it and turn them on at night. The Silviano table from Crate & Barrel below is 7' long and it looks like you have plenty of space for it.

7. Where you have what looks like a broken recliner now (maybe the cushion is just pushed down), I would place a pair of chairs opposite the short side of the sectional. Your new rug won't need to go as far under the sectional as the one you have now and should cover enough of the floor that the two new chairs will have their front legs on it. Put a round table between the two chairs.

8. Repaint your walls in a lighter color.
Blake Grey Wash 68" Media Console in Media Stands, Consoles | Crate&Barrel
Dharma Multi Rug
Hammary Nueva Round End Table
Hammary Sundance Rectangular Coffee Table
Silviano Console Table
June 8, 2013 at 7:52am   
shelleyallanson
thank you for your input. behind the entertainment center is another window i really dont want to get rid of it its fairly new. I already thought about 2 chairs at the end of sectional but cant figure out what kind to put there. yes the recliner is not very nice it needs to go when i can make up my mind about the livingroom
June 8, 2013 at 2:49pm   
Okay, then the entertainment center will have to stay until you work out the window problem. For the two chairs, you could actually use recliners, just something a little sleeker than the old one. If you find a rug with the right shade of red in it, you could use the one below.

June 8, 2013 at 3:08pm   
A floor plan would be useful in furniture planning.
June 8, 2013 at 3:15pm   
Need help..I have a blah living room. I need color and some wow!
Camera lighting is off....the walls are not that yellow....
I need help with the decor of my entranceway is this too blah?
I need Leo with my hallway/entrance area it's no too...
Need help finishing this livingroom i need you inputs plssss help
That what i have now need help to finish itt thankss...
I have a lrge livingroom that needs help.......
My livingroom is on the upper floor with only one large...
I need help decorating my livingroom
I want it to be contempary but it feels cold.....
Need Help with Curb Appeal
We can't figure out what to do to the front of our...
Will granite kitchen countertops ever go out of style?
Thinking of buying granite countertops but wondering...
Help!! Pretty please. I need lots of ideas.
I was given a couple ideas but still unsure if we should...
Niches in foyer.
Recently moved in and can't figure out what to do with...