Can I mount a TV above seating in my living room?
kstone1213
I currently have 2 couches facing eachother in my living room with a fireplace on one end and the other end a media cabinet with the TV. I would like to add more seating to the living room and have 2 awesome upholstered wingback chairs. I would like to remove the media cabinet and mount the TV above the 2 chairs on the wall directly accross from the fireplace. These chairs would not be for viewing TV but for visiting when we have guests over. Attached is a layout I drew up - the curved wall is the fireplace and where the 2 chairs are is where the TV would be mounted above. I have seen this once but can't find a picture or remember where I saw it.
Nancy Hehmann
Sorry but the layout did not attach. Would be great if you uploaded pictures so people can get a definite idea of your space and furnishings.
0 Likes   June 6, 2013 at 7:50AM
Barbee James
Only mount TVs high when you can watch from a recliner unless you want to support your chiropractor in your old age
0 Likes   June 6, 2013 at 7:52AM
Bill Ziobro
I think so. If you watch a lot of TV you ideally want to look into a TV (eye level when sitting) not up at a TV but just above chairs doesnt seem like it would be that high. If the couches are set back further than the angle drops also.
0 Likes   June 6, 2013 at 7:57AM
kstone1213
Thank you, I'll try again... I don't have an actual photo of my living room but will try to get one up. The TV would be mounted a little high, but our living room is very long, so you aren't looking up too high from the couches.
0 Likes   June 6, 2013 at 7:57AM
kstone1213
Does anyone have a picture or know where I can find one where a TV is mounted directly above any kind of seating?
0 Likes   June 6, 2013 at 8:04AM
kstone1213
This is a snapshot of the layout.
0 Likes   June 6, 2013 at 8:08AM
kstone1213
Have the TV mounted above the chairs. Sorry for the poor quality. There is a large window behind the couch on top and no wall (open to the kitchen) behind the couch in the bottom the picture. The fireplace is rounded out on the right side.
0 Likes   June 6, 2013 at 8:09AM
kstone1213
It has been a while...I am about to purchase new entertainment center to replace the dark one under the TV. Just wanted an opinion on this one...
0 Likes   August 21, 2013 at 7:58AM
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
english cottage
bottom line-I want to live in an english cottage. And...
REALLY need help with curb appeal... Any ideas will be appreciated!
We love our house. The location is perfect and the...
Boring ranch needs updated to reflect classic/modern style
We need help - this is a standard 1500 sq ft. ranch...
New sectional sofa...now what?
I am looking for advice for my family living space....