Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davidshammer

Kitchen Upgrade

A homeowner wanted us to upgrade this kitchen to better suit her workflow and to give it a touch of class. We shifted the layout to match her personal usage style while upgrading the appliances and cabinetry to match her personal sense of style. It's really the little touches that make this look so much better to us, like the mosaic backsplash behind the range, the extension of the cabinetry all the way to the ceiling, or the matching appliances. You'll notice that we paid close attention to her storage needs by surrounding the refrigerator with pullout pantry cabinets and installing pullout drawers beneath the range and a blind corner system to maximize space usage. What do you think?

Comments (18)

• Marlene Servant
    10 years ago
    what is the colour of the refinished cabinets?
  • Caroline
    10 years ago
    Very nice. The flow is so much better with the island, instead of the peninsula. Colours are good too.
  • PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    10 years ago
    It's all lovely, but love that floor! What kind of wood is it?
  • dwhalen
    10 years ago
    Looks like the chairs are too low to eat at the island.
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Homes LLC
    10 years ago
    how many feet do you have from the window wall to the oven cabinet? I am working on a similar project and curious as to the space.
  • PRO
    Attention to Detail Home Remodeling
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hello flowertower, it's White Oak with no stain, three coats of poly
  • PRO
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    dwhalen, you are correct on the chairs. The chairs where just brought in for staging for the photo shoot, because the homeowner hadn't pick her selection yet.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Jeffrey Homes LLC, It's 7' feet. I have attached a drawing of the floor plan
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Homes LLC
    10 years ago
    Thanks
  • PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    10 years ago
    Thank you! It's beautiful.
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    10 years ago
    Love the new space and colors! Well done!
  • vixter1
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Nice design, gorgeous cabinets, SO much better than the daily white. Not understanding those low chairs against the tall bar. ?? See your comment now. um, the dissonance rings louder than the attractiveness of the individual items. Don't let them stage with bits that don't go in the future. It seems to be making many commenters stumble.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Vixter1, thank you for your comment. I will bring this up to my designer.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Marlene Servant, sorry that I missed your comment at first. The cabinets are actually full replacements instead of refinished. The color that we used for them was Harvest Bronze.
  • PRO
    City Cabinet Center
    10 years ago
    The two tone looks great with the white island. Great job!
  • PRO
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    City Cabinet Center, where in San Diego? I'm going there this July 4th. I'll stop by.
  • PRO
    City Cabinet Center
    10 years ago
    We are right in the middle of a move actually. Our new location is centrally located between the University of San Diego, Old Town and SeaWorld. Check out our website http://www.citycabinetcenter.com/ to see the latest details. Look forward to hearing from you.