What to do with my white bathroom???!?
leftfoot120
I am planning on remodeling my master bath and need some good ideas. I would like the space to be warm and relaxing. Any ideas?
nasmijati
Go to Houzz PHOTOS. Scroll down to Bathroom. Click. Enter "warm," and "relaxing" in the search box, using quotation marks.
June 7, 2013 at 11:16am     
Dar Eckert
The mirrors multiply the clutter on the counter so you definitely need more storage to get it all off the counter.
June 7, 2013 at 11:26am     
grannythedecorator
Good afternoon....for one thing you need to declutter as that clutter will make the room "appear" smaller right off the bat...I noticed that you did have a couple of star fish which are "beachy" feeling so why not go with a very light blue/gray/green paint on the walls....I can't tell what you have on the floors as to colour as they don't show....we've just recently re-done our kids bathroom. WIll attach some pics for you....we also have starfish in one of the pictures....the white/blue look is very fresh, clean and beachy looking....we also went with grey towels and bathmat....see what you think....I'm afraid I'm a real stickler when it comes to clutter....I'd suggest putting all the "stuff" you perhaps use each day into a basket under the sink then it's altogether when you need it. If storage is a problem, then perhaps where you have those two decorative things on the wall at the end of the tub, they could be switched out for a couple of shelves that would hold baskets and hide what is in them. See what you think from the pics I'm attaching....have fun!
June 7, 2013 at 11:37am     
aagrabhorn
Everyone is so sweet. I say crash it and start over. Nobody wants to see themselves in that many mirrors! Go natural and use your fav accent colors with towels.
June 7, 2013 at 8:29pm   
marysboothe
I agree the mirrors are too much. Go with double framed mirrors with a storage cabinet in between for all your stuff!
June 8, 2013 at 4:34am     
apple_pie_order
Plan for a lot more storage drawers. Also, go through what you have and discard anything that's gotten old or that you don't use any more.
June 8, 2013 at 5:43am   
vikki0730
some color on the walls like a light grey, blue or green...darker throw rugs and towels (ex. brown) and decorative knobs / pulls on the cabinets. Take the mirrors off and put a framed mirror or med cabinet over each sink. Put clutter away and add a plant or small piece of art...a few candles and you have a whole new spa / bathroom!
June 8, 2013 at 7:09am     
Vi Av
this is one of my design. simple and chic ;) If you change the floor & replace the countertop not only you save lots of money you make your bathroom look fabulous
ikea handles $ 40
matte metal splashback $ 85
cb2 mirrors each on sale $ 120
countertop $ 300
italian ceramic floor 12x12 each 6.99
paint ( pastel mountain gray ) it gives you a clean and frech welcoming color
June 8, 2013 at 11:09am     
Close To You
I have been working on my master bath which is big but quite utilitarian...the house was built in 2003. I got rid of the plate glass mirrors and put up framed mirrors over the sinks. Then, added 2 upward lights on the sides of each mirror, just a beautiful effect. Bought a tall elegantly framed full length mirror for one wall at re-sale store. And then, added a flower like big light over the tub (the Italian one at Lamps Plus) Most of the additions are from Pottery Barn and quite nice though not over the top expensive. Now, if I could just get my husband to de-clutter his sink area, life would almost be perfect!
June 8, 2013 at 12:14pm   
sledzik
Hi!tile the floor using large 600x300 tiles,match color with worktop.install illuminated round mirror on arm in the corner,and keep worktop clear(put your stuff on the trolley).get rid of tiles around the bath and shelves,paint walls instead(maybe warm white or creamy).the wall above bath will be great as a feature wall(large painting or poster?add some color).replace ceiling light with something warm(You can use spotlights to illuminate the feature wall),and You may consider installing PIR sensor so it switch lights on when you enter the bathroom.Taps and handles could be more modern as well.Good luck.
June 9, 2013 at 4:26am   
dchresto
I have almost the same type of bathroom! Thanks for all of the great ideas. Now I have to convince my husband to go along with getting rid of these huge wall to wall mirrors. I want something that is more "European" in color which will flow from our bedroom (which has dark burgundy walls and accent trim that we love) through the bathroom. I am thinking of painting the cabinets a darker color, keeping the marble countertops and scallop sinks, painting the walls of course, keeping the marble tile floors and my bus and is going to re-tile the shower. I also want a backsplash around our big tub to tie in with shower tile. I love the framed mirrors and lights on either side idea. What do we do with the mirror that is between our mirrors and is on the angle? I thought about shelves or something and my husband nixed that thought right away.
June 9, 2013 at 6:01am   
Close To You
I will tell you a secret about husbands and decorating....get a friend or someone knowledgeable to look at it...not necessarily a professional....they could say to lose that mirror on the angle and your husband will probably accept the idea....even if you say "Mary was over and mentioned getting rid of that mirror"...I have used this tactic many times and it works....just have nothing there, the wall is fine...it is just smart, not really manipulative....got rid of ugly rose bushes in the front of the house by saying..Tracy mentioned that the roses really look narly...those roses were pulled out almost immediately! I do not pretend to understand the dynamics of all of this......your other ideas sound good.....
June 9, 2013 at 6:52am     
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Which backsplash?
I got a new granite countertop with a dull black undermount...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
wood frame
Need an idea what to do with with this unfinished wood...