We are considering in floor heat and hardwood/ tile floors. What are the best materials for the floors?
karenmraff
June 6, 2013 in Other
Nor-Cal Floor Design, Inc
I see this was dated 6/6/13...not sure if your project has come to fruition yet or not... If you are interested in hardwood over radiant you need to select a product that is specific for you over it. Our engineered wood flooring products are designed for use over radiant heat systems. The benefit of wood over radiant in your living space is the efficiency in the transfer of heat and the comfort under your feet. My only reservation about tile in living areas is the discomfort and aches and pains that can be caused by walking on such a hard surface. Good luck with your new home!
April 17, 2014 at 10:35PM     
Oak & Broad
I agree with Nor-Cal on engineered flooring for RH systems. The only other option would be Rift & Quartered White Oak (Solid). Most flooring issues associated with RH systems happen when the heat is turned up too quickly, especially on a new installation. Acclimation also becomes even more important ( is that even possible? :-D )
May 13, 2014 at 6:54AM   
Agreed, hardwood would be a good choice.
May 13, 2014 at 7:38AM     
Easily cleanable tiny narrow dark corridor
Hi any ideas on colours to lighten up this very narrow...
Garage Door Repair Vallejo
A qualified Best & Fast garage door company can advise...
Where's chookchook?
Our beloved chookie hasn't been heard from in days....
Window treatment help.
Hello there! I need help for a good window treatment....