HELP! Need color and decorating ideas for my new Master Bathroom!

suzcan2June 7, 2013
Here is my new Master Bath.... I will be adding a chandelier (when I pick it out..lol) I'm not sure what color to go with... Help!!!!
You've done a beautiful job so far. I LOVE IT! Are you looking or a color for the chandelier or for the walls?

If it were the walls, I'd say pull one of the lighter colors out of the backsplash, but for the chandelier, bring in that beautiful dark color. So pretty.
5 Likes    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 9:01AM
fashionmema
I thik the medium color in your tiles would look good.
    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 11:52AM
tennisanyone
Keep the color on the walls neutral and accent with aqua/blue towels OR white towels for a spa feel. Nice bathroom.
4 Likes    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 11:54AM
CHISM BROTHERS PAINTING
1. You can go WHITE to match your cabinets (and really make the room bright and light...I've seen this done...and it looks awesome. But I agree with the other two post...just picking a color out of the TILE (for walls) is a good idea. One way to get it close it take a sample (if there is extra tile) to the paint store and have them match a color on the tile.

2. Also, if you want more color, you can look at doing some complimentary colors: sage green, light sage, (paint ceiling tan/walls sage or green)

3. Just for fun
Crisp Architects · More Info

Parade of Homes · More Info

Quinlan Residence · More Info

Bethesda · More Info

casual luxury · More Info
6 Likes    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 12:03PM
Go a taupe with gray under tones. Put samples on wall before buying.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 12:06PM
Coastal Home Design Studio
beige,greens,vanilla's
1 Like    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 12:07PM
Warren Mullins
gray, some shades of blue, greens or the best would be vanilla. for backsplash, make use of lighter to medium colored tiles such as this. http://www.glasstilestore.com/collection/stone-mosaics/skyline-collection/illusion-3d-brick-white-carrera-pattern.html
1 Like    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 2:36PM
ksiebern
I had tile that was a similar color. I painted an almond color that was in the tile. In our new house I have similar tiles and have painted a light grey. Try some color samples you like and go for it.
    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 4:36PM
suzcan2
muskoka trail

(function() {var embedScript = document.createElement('script'); embedScript.type = 'text/javascript'; embedScript.async = true;embedScript.src = 'http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bm/colorgallery/js/bmjq.js';var n = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; n.parentNode.insertBefore(embedScript, n);})();
    Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 5:09PM
jiangmeidesign
I would suggest using darker color, whether it's blue or sage. You have a large room with plenty light, why not go bold and fun? Paint is easy to put on any way.
    Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 6:17PM
sinofaucet
your bathroom is decorated modernly and equipped well.
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 1:18AM
judygilpin
I'd choose a nuetral color....taupe, almond, similar to your countertops and tile. Everyone suggests blue or aqua now days. I don't know why other than it being the latest fad, which will surely be dated in a couple of years. Also, the blues don't do much for ones complexion....think of that when applying make-up. Use a splash of color in your accessories instead. This way you can change them out easily when you tire of them. Lovely bathroom. Good job.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 3:54AM
jayde1
I've never seen a shower built around a window - how does water and steam effect it over time?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 4:08AM
@jayde - you raise a very good point. I do hope the window is make of plastic or vinyl and properly sealed. There are a number of discussions on houzz on this matter. It is worth being absolutely sure you have taken EVERY measure possible to ensure that no humidity enters the spaces around the window into the wall + condensation issues... If in doubt, conduct a search on "window in shower" on the discussion dilemma threads to find some information posted by excellent Houzzers such as John Whipple or Ironwood Builders amongst others...
1 Like    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 4:20AM
bellelime
Poppy RED!
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 5:26AM
Leisa Rich
I think a pop of intense color on the walls that is taken from the colors in the decorative tile is an excellent idea...and you need art. Art should be in every single room in every house. Buy original- don't buy a cheap giclee. There are fantastic artists on crafthaus.ning.com who work in glass, metal, ceramics and more who would be happy to sell something perfect for your space that would last forever in steam and humidity!
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 6:02AM
kylieny
I would do the buff color in the counter on the walls and perhaps pick out a light chocolate for the ceiling (yes a little darker). Chandelier would be good with that black metal to pick up your other items like the door handles etc. You can still introduce a bright color for towels, pot accent or artwork like a turquoise, red or green just make sure you have repetition. Looks good.
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 6:50AM
juellscott
I would add a nice piece or two of art work, a sparkly crystal chandelier to bring a more luxe look in, a beautiful plant w/ nice planter and a nice indoor/outdoor rug that will fill the floor space as much as possible. Also if you have the space, i think a nice tufted bench would look great
1 Like    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 7:03AM
pittsburgheast
We have very similar fixtures in our master bath, plus wainscoting. We painted the lightest color from the mosaic tile on the wall above the wainscoting and the medium color on the wainscoting. The chandelier is a fairly simple art deco design.
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 12:18PM
Sandra Long
Plants for one thing!
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 2:49PM
Maria Cristina R. Adkins
Acqua blue, or light green brings light to the room.
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 4:22PM
onthecoast1
I'm a huge fan of red in the bathroom, especially with white cabinetry and a neutral vanity countertop. With your backsplash, I recommend "Allure" by Behr paints -- it has a brown undertone (no pinky undertones) without being an orangey brick red. I just sampled this color in my new-to-me bathroom and absolutely LOVE it. Home Depot sells the Behr samples for only $2.97 a piece and they are definitely worth it -- I went through 3 samples before I found the right shade of red.

Another option is Valspar's Fioili Antique Lace (or Fioili Victorian Lace, I forget exactly). The color is awesome with browns and creams -- it's like a midtone tan.
    Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 8:32PM
robinbme
You are off to a great start. Love the choices you've made so far. From the tile border within the shower pull one of the softer colors for the walls it will bring everything together for the rest of the bath. Would recommend a color but the lighting in the picture does not give a really good color idea. Consider how it would look in natural light as well as with the chandelier you are thinking of getting.
    Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 6:31AM
hollywoodland
I think you should definitely go with some color on the walls instead of matching the white cabinets or beige tile. Because the bathroom looks big, you could go with a deeper color--but I would recommend against green, as it changes one's skin tone and creates problems with makeup.
    Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 9:55PM
Carla Murillo
I would go white and accents on decoration, art and towels.
    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 7:41PM
A & D Glass Inc.
The shower enclosure is open at the top, so there is plenty of ventilation and the window should be fine.
    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 2:36PM
Linda Crandall
Pewter Blue would be lovely in this room.
    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 2:38PM
keymom
I am designing my bathroom which is very similar to your's....with a window in the shower (have no choice). Did you have to take any precautions to avoid condensation? May I ask what is the dimension of your shower?
    Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 7:51PM
SGO Designer Glass - Chesterfield
You can put a tempered stained glass piece in the glass panels. If you do not want to open the window you can install a larger tempered stained glass into the existing frame with a clear piece over it for easy cleaning.
    Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 5:44AM
bevballew
I liked taupe,the best but it is all about personal preference especially since you have received great suggestions.
    Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 5:59AM
Walls need to go darker to show off glass tile. A chocolate would be nice. Use cream towels and accessories. Good job on bathroom.
    Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 9:52AM
Need help with our master bedroom decor
Hello everyone. We need some help pulling our master...
kmedl
Ideas for decorating my master bedroom.
Anyone have any suggestions? I just got new furniture...
vitapilat
Master bathroom decorating help
I need help redecorating our master bathroom. Want...
sairaphil
Mt. Girl needs a little help! bathroom cabinet/mirror/decorating ideas
Live way back in sticks (mts). Do not have a local...
staylor0209
I need help in decorating ideas for my new bedroom.
Hi Houzzers:-) I need help in decorating ideas for...
ukonska
A Hare-y bedroom
Im about to embark on designing this bedroom. I have...
toatsmcgoats
Over the fireplace ideas
I need help! Bought this mirror but its too small?...
Tiffany Dorais
Sherwin-Williams Cashmere for kitchen or hallway?
We've used Sherwin-Williams Cashmere low lustre paint...
Scott Buchanan
Picasso upholstery fabric
I was working on a design that calls for A beautiful...
antyllc