Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzcan2

HELP! Need color and decorating ideas for my new Master Bathroom!

suzcan2
10 years ago
Here is my new Master Bath.... I will be adding a chandelier (when I pick it out..lol) I'm not sure what color to go with... Help!!!!

Comments (33)

• Emily H
    10 years ago
    You've done a beautiful job so far. I LOVE IT! Are you looking or a color for the chandelier or for the walls?

If it were the walls, I'd say pull one of the lighter colors out of the backsplash, but for the chandelier, bring in that beautiful dark color. So pretty.
  • fashionmema
    10 years ago
    I thik the medium color in your tiles would look good.
  • tennisanyone
    10 years ago
    Keep the color on the walls neutral and accent with aqua/blue towels OR white towels for a spa feel. Nice bathroom.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Go a taupe with gray under tones. Put samples on wall before buying.
  • PRO
    Coastal Home Design Studio
    10 years ago
    beige,greens,vanilla's
  • Warren Mullins
    10 years ago
    gray, some shades of blue, greens or the best would be vanilla. for backsplash, make use of lighter to medium colored tiles such as this. http://www.glasstilestore.com/collection/stone-mosaics/skyline-collection/illusion-3d-brick-white-carrera-pattern.html
  • ksiebern
    10 years ago
    I had tile that was a similar color. I painted an almond color that was in the tile. In our new house I have similar tiles and have painted a light grey. Try some color samples you like and go for it.
  • suzcan2
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    muskoka trail

(function() {var embedScript = document.createElement('script'); embedScript.type = 'text/javascript'; embedScript.async = true;embedScript.src = ' http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bm/colorgallery/js/bmjq.js';var n = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; n.parentNode.insertBefore(embedScript, n);})();
  • jiangmeidesign
    10 years ago
    I would suggest using darker color, whether it's blue or sage. You have a large room with plenty light, why not go bold and fun? Paint is easy to put on any way.
  • PRO
    sinofaucet
    10 years ago
    your bathroom is decorated modernly and equipped well.
  • judygilpin
    10 years ago
    I'd choose a nuetral color....taupe, almond, similar to your countertops and tile. Everyone suggests blue or aqua now days. I don't know why other than it being the latest fad, which will surely be dated in a couple of years. Also, the blues don't do much for ones complexion....think of that when applying make-up. Use a splash of color in your accessories instead. This way you can change them out easily when you tire of them. Lovely bathroom. Good job.
  • Kaye Dalton
    10 years ago
    I've never seen a shower built around a window - how does water and steam effect it over time?
  • PRO
    ASVInteriors
    10 years ago
    @jayde - you raise a very good point. I do hope the window is make of plastic or vinyl and properly sealed. There are a number of discussions on houzz on this matter. It is worth being absolutely sure you have taken EVERY measure possible to ensure that no humidity enters the spaces around the window into the wall + condensation issues... If in doubt, conduct a search on "window in shower" on the discussion dilemma threads to find some information posted by excellent Houzzers such as John Whipple or Ironwood Builders amongst others...
  • bellelime
    10 years ago
    Poppy RED!
  • Leisa Rich
    10 years ago
    I think a pop of intense color on the walls that is taken from the colors in the decorative tile is an excellent idea...and you need art. Art should be in every single room in every house. Buy original- don't buy a cheap giclee. There are fantastic artists on crafthaus.ning.com who work in glass, metal, ceramics and more who would be happy to sell something perfect for your space that would last forever in steam and humidity!
  • kylieny
    10 years ago
    I would do the buff color in the counter on the walls and perhaps pick out a light chocolate for the ceiling (yes a little darker). Chandelier would be good with that black metal to pick up your other items like the door handles etc. You can still introduce a bright color for towels, pot accent or artwork like a turquoise, red or green just make sure you have repetition. Looks good.
  • juellscott
    10 years ago
    I would add a nice piece or two of art work, a sparkly crystal chandelier to bring a more luxe look in, a beautiful plant w/ nice planter and a nice indoor/outdoor rug that will fill the floor space as much as possible. Also if you have the space, i think a nice tufted bench would look great
  • pittsburgheast
    10 years ago
    We have very similar fixtures in our master bath, plus wainscoting. We painted the lightest color from the mosaic tile on the wall above the wainscoting and the medium color on the wainscoting. The chandelier is a fairly simple art deco design.
  • Sandra Long
    10 years ago
    Plants for one thing!
  • Maria Cristina R. Adkins
    10 years ago
    Acqua blue, or light green brings light to the room.
  • onthecoast1
    10 years ago
    I'm a huge fan of red in the bathroom, especially with white cabinetry and a neutral vanity countertop. With your backsplash, I recommend "Allure" by Behr paints -- it has a brown undertone (no pinky undertones) without being an orangey brick red. I just sampled this color in my new-to-me bathroom and absolutely LOVE it. Home Depot sells the Behr samples for only $2.97 a piece and they are definitely worth it -- I went through 3 samples before I found the right shade of red.

Another option is Valspar's Fioili Antique Lace (or Fioili Victorian Lace, I forget exactly). The color is awesome with browns and creams -- it's like a midtone tan.
  • robinbme
    10 years ago
    You are off to a great start. Love the choices you've made so far. From the tile border within the shower pull one of the softer colors for the walls it will bring everything together for the rest of the bath. Would recommend a color but the lighting in the picture does not give a really good color idea. Consider how it would look in natural light as well as with the chandelier you are thinking of getting.
  • Hope Anderson
    10 years ago
    I think you should definitely go with some color on the walls instead of matching the white cabinets or beige tile. Because the bathroom looks big, you could go with a deeper color--but I would recommend against green, as it changes one's skin tone and creates problems with makeup.
  • PRO
    Carla Murillo
    10 years ago
    I would go white and accents on decoration, art and towels.
  • PRO
    A & D Glass Inc.
    10 years ago
    The shower enclosure is open at the top, so there is plenty of ventilation and the window should be fine.
  • Linda Crandall
    10 years ago
    Pewter Blue would be lovely in this room.
  • keymom
    10 years ago
    I am designing my bathroom which is very similar to your's....with a window in the shower (have no choice). Did you have to take any precautions to avoid condensation? May I ask what is the dimension of your shower?
  • PRO
    SGO Designer Glass - Chesterfield
    10 years ago
    You can put a tempered stained glass piece in the glass panels. If you do not want to open the window you can install a larger tempered stained glass into the existing frame with a clear piece over it for easy cleaning.
  • bevballew
    10 years ago
    I liked taupe,the best but it is all about personal preference especially since you have received great suggestions.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Walls need to go darker to show off glass tile. A chocolate would be nice. Use cream towels and accessories. Good job on bathroom.
  • PRO
    DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen of Beaverton
    5 years ago

looks really elegant, I'd go hard on the elegant look. Straight crystal look. And add the color on the counter. See photos below. Even a border for the mirror, or to split it into two would look great. And just a hint of greenery in the middle if nothing else.

• PRO
    Classic Turkish Towels
    5 years ago

Add some elegance to your bathroom! Our Turkish towels feature bright, vibrant colors and unique designs that enhance the aesthetic of any bathroom. I'd recommend our [Antalya Towel Collection[(https://www.houzz.com/products/antalya-luxury-turkish-hotel-collection-towels-set-of-4-white-27x54-prvw-vr~47068370?lid=33999793) to enhance the aesthetic of your bathroom decor.

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company