Double dilemma! Fireplace and window fabric ideas needed - thanks!
klaszlo
Hi! 1. Once the clutter is cleared above the fireplace, what would you recommend for the space? (no fish tank or TV please) 2. Yes, the blinds are economical and serve the purpose of blocking the unattractive view and hence usually are flipped halfway open to allow light only - although not so in this pic. (one day we'll pop for nicer blinds) I'm thinking of drapes that are non-functioning, hung by loops on knobby finials. 3. For the large set of 4 windows, facing the lake;These blinds will be moved up and mounted on an added trim board above the top of the window and hidden behind a cornice (the only time they are closed is a couple of times a year if one is reading while the sun is hitting just right). I need help - links would be fabulous - with fabric selection for cornice and drapes, additionally, use same fabric for cornice and drapes? Finally, please keep in mind the lake view is fabulous and I don't want to compete with that and hence prefer a gold-tone fabric to compliment the wall color. Also, the rug will be gone (used to have a red microsuede couch and chair) as will the floor pillow clutter, TV shelf clutter, and table and lamp. (ideas there welcome, too! And yes, TV needs to stay in corner) Oh, the wall behind the couch will most likely be painted what I call a happy shade of avacado green. Whew! Thank you!
aagrabhorn
Forget the avocado wall please. Place couch facing fireplace. You can still look at lake. What about 4 black and white family photos do it yourself with coupon from Joanne you know?i like your drape idea. Continue on lake window with wide rod so curtain is outsid of windows . Just for continuity. A few candles. Fat ones on mantel. Bring that chair in on right of couch with end table in between .
June 7, 2013 at 8:41PM   
klaszlo
Thank you! Yes, we planned on adding a table in between the chairs - excellent. :) Yes, to the photos, too - and didn't know whether to go 3 or 4 so thank you! And yes, my daughter takes some beautiful nature photos - that are colorful closeups that should work well. Like the fat candles idea! The couch view is spectacular though, sorry on that one. :) Thanks for rod idea, too!
June 7, 2013 at 9:02PM   
Jackie Rhodes
I agree with aag, the couch would look amazing facing the fp, far enough back to still see the lake, chair to the right of the fp. Sofa table behind couch (with shelf on bottom) NICE lamp, pics on table also, colorful pillows on couch, and if you have a coffee table, use a darker, perhap shaggy area rug under it. The room is a little pulled apart as is and needs a hug, so to speak. Above the fireplace, I can see a nice LARGE round mirror with an interesting border of some kind (small tiles or stones perhaps) and a few chunky dark candleholders or art pieces. If the couch switch is dead in the water, try moving it in away from the wall, and you could still fit a narrow table behind it, etc.
June 7, 2013 at 9:44PM   
I need brutal honesty here!! I promise I can take it. :)
We're finally finishing our basement (yay!) and I decided...
help for hutch
my nyc/apt living room is modern. altho, i have a hutch...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Help pull our nursery together!!
So we finally have all the furniture in our nursery...
Update look of all white brick house
What color roof, light fixtures, door?