Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klaszlo

Double dilemma! Fireplace and window fabric ideas needed - thanks!

Karen Laszlo
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Hi! 1. Once the clutter is cleared above the fireplace, what would you recommend for the space? (no fish tank or TV please) 2. Yes, the blinds are economical and serve the purpose of blocking the unattractive view and hence usually are flipped halfway open to allow light only - although not so in this pic. (one day we'll pop for nicer blinds) I'm thinking of drapes that are non-functioning, hung by loops on knobby finials. 3. For the large set of 4 windows, facing the lake;These blinds will be moved up and mounted on an added trim board above the top of the window and hidden behind a cornice (the only time they are closed is a couple of times a year if one is reading while the sun is hitting just right). I need help - links would be fabulous - with fabric selection for cornice and drapes, additionally, use same fabric for cornice and drapes? Finally, please keep in mind the lake view is fabulous and I don't want to compete with that and hence prefer a gold-tone fabric to compliment the wall color. Also, the rug will be gone (used to have a red microsuede couch and chair) as will the floor pillow clutter, TV shelf clutter, and table and lamp. (ideas there welcome, too! And yes, TV needs to stay in corner) Oh, the wall behind the couch will most likely be painted what I call a happy shade of avacado green. Whew! Thank you!

Comments (3)