Need help with backsplash
ontarchitect
Moved in recently and starting to do the kitchen. We need help deciding what colour the backsplash should be. We also need to get a new hood before we do the backsplash. Added some pictures of out kitchen and what colour our granite is.
Shell W
We had the same dilemma. We built a new house and it took us 3 years to decide what we wanted to do on the backsplash. My countertops are similar to yours, it looks like yours is granite too, and we choose a 'Noche' tumbled tile for the backsplash. I absolutely love it. It really pops against our countertops and compliments them well.
June 8, 2013 at 4:09pm     
jbuhler
I have a similar kitchen and looked for a backsplash for 2 years, Finally went with a glass colored subway tile. Absolutely love it, comes in many shades and I always get compliments from company. I think its a perfect look to add a touch of modern through a traditional medium. Also cabinet underlights reflect beautifully off glass.
June 9, 2013 at 8:25am   
jbuhler
I have one other suggestion that I have seen and liked also, crema marfil marble subway tile, comes honed also if you don't like the shine of polished.
June 9, 2013 at 8:43am     
I would choose either a white (color of your counters), aqua or light pearly gray backsplash in glass or stone tiles to keep the effect light against your dark cabinetry:
Ontare Residence
Kitchen Remodel
Cabinet/Tile/Window detail
Waikiki Chic 2
Oceanside Glasstile Elevations Platinum
June 9, 2013 at 8:43am   
Ed
Hi ONTarchitect, I agree with feeny about either an off-white or aqua --
Russian Hill
Best Builders ltd
June 9, 2013 at 11:04am   
Celeste
I find that if u select a backsplash color similar to your counter top it will lend to a more continuous look as it flows up the back wall. In my kitchen I went with Ebb & Flows "Flora & Fauna" which matched the colors in my Corian almost perfectly. The pencil mosaic splash with the random glass pieces reflects light perfectly and Isn't the overkill of total glass splash. It is simply gorgeous.
June 9, 2013 at 11:13am   
Kelly Spitzer @ Realty World Cosser & Associates
I'm always a fan of deep browns and neutral tans, both for my personal style and for what I see popular in resale. Right now, grays are really hot, especially in the kitchen.
June 9, 2013 at 11:15am   
kdixon5720
I've attached pics from my bathroom backsplash against a faux granite countertop similar to your colors and then with the darker cabinets to show the tie-in. The backsplash tiles are from Home Depot.
June 9, 2013 at 11:39am     
Walter Casiano
I like this one. It ties all shades of brown together, and I picked it up at Costco for $25.00 for five square feet, ;)
June 9, 2013 at 12:04pm     
kdixon5720
@Walter....LOVE that! I may have to redo mine again!
June 9, 2013 at 12:06pm     
Like the mix of brows but would add a touch of aqua for color. Glass tile long is way to go
June 9, 2013 at 12:07pm   
Add microwave above the store in stainless with vent is way to go. A bamboo blind on window. Change bar stools seat to a color easy to do. Maybe aqua, teal or a print of all. Don't be afraid of color.
June 9, 2013 at 12:10pm   
Take glass tile all the way up to cabinets bottoms.
June 9, 2013 at 12:11pm   
anne dee

have you considered a microwave over the stove. Does double duty.
You have a relatively small kitchen. Have you considered running the granite up the wall. It will keep it cohesive in this sized area.
Too many textures too many elements to many busyness :)
Some thoughts to consider
June 9, 2013 at 12:20pm   
Subway Tile Outlet
Our "Ocean Grey" is a nice subtle color to go with your dark cabinets. I would get a few samples to put in your space because glass will reflect the colors around it and therefore change hues a bit in different spaces. Let us know if you have any questions. We would love to help you choose the right tile for your project. Glass Tile Backsplashes by SubwayTileOutlet 1 Glass Tile Backsplashes by SubwayTileOutlet 2
June 10, 2013 at 2:54pm   
Need Help with kitchen, I need new countertops, sink and backsplash
This is Old Victorian, and I need new countertops as...
Help! I Need help deciding layout of solid marble backsplash. Frame it
Hopefully this question is not way too confusing. I'm...
Need help deciding on a backsplash. Please help!!!!
We have moved into this home and have been doing upgrades...
Need help finding the right backsplash
I just added white cabinets and colonial white granite...
Best option for a range hood
Just purchased a new home and am planning to replace...
What should I do with this brick?
I'm planning to redo the siding on my house, need ideas...
Kitchen chairs - what color?
We remodeled our kitchen and are building a maple farm...
What seating to put on the other side of dining table?
I need advice on what type of seating to put on the...
Help! What to do with empty spots!!
At the advice of you sweet Houzzers, I ditched my tall...