rosed
September 4, 2011 in Photo Questions
I am trying to figure out how many pendants I should have over a 4' x 9' island. I'd like to go with much smaller pendants than the ones pictured. I also have 9 ft. Ceilings. How big is this island and am open to suggestions. Thanks.
DeCocco Design
Here's a suggestion--take the length of your island, 108". Go in a foot on each end, so minus 24. You're left with 84" to play with. Divide that by the number of pendants you want (3 or 4). That will give you the number of inches to space them apart. It depends on how small the pendants you select are and how much light they're going to give you. I like how the above pictured pendants are high up, but smaller pendants will probably have to be lower so that the light reaches your counter. And since they're smaller, they need to be lower so you can see and admire them better!
2 Likes   September 9, 2011 at 6:07AM
kbanewhouse
Hi Decocco - does your same formula apply when putting 2 smaller chandeliers over a dining table? 84" x40" table with 2 chandeliers of 20" diameter?
   September 9, 2011 at 8:17AM
Fireplace ideas?
Plan to remove kerosene stove and and go back to wood...
Your biggest layout pet peeve?
We've all got them. What's your biggest pet peeve...
Is this the perfect color?
How do you guy feel about white ceilings with white...
what colors for this complicated living room
We recently purchased a wonderful old farmhouse that...
Living room design
I need to know what to do behind the sofa? Is the mirror...