OLLD 6/11
June 11, 2013 in Other
Morning! Am I the first or did I miss something?
DIAspoton
good morning. just walked the dogs and it's already hot and humid. expecting mid 90's this week. that would probably be a cold wave for you bobbi but it feels oppressive to me.
painting furniture today and need some fine sandpaper so i'll have to venture out. my problem is once i'm out , i keep thinking of more places to go and pretty soon hours have disappeared. annual termite inspection between 2 and 4 so i'll have to get home. happy day to all.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 5:52AM
Mo! Thanks for the giggle! Mid 90's and high humidity is no fun at all. Good luck with your shopping trips!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 5:55AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Good morning Bobbie and the sleepy heads ............I'm sure you missed something........if you didn't see my neighbor down the street taking a walk in his daughter's bathrobe and his depends early this morning, then you missed something .......... on one hand it was a humorous way to start the morning, but not exactly the mental image one wants stuck in their head the rest of the day and on the other hand, it's sad to see he seems to be slipping even further away.....Shelby and I walked him back home.

Another beautiful day called for here........hot and humid again, so after I get my errands done to the MIL first thing this morning, will most likely just remain inside...........

Dreading this hip shot scheduled for Friday........have had shots in the knees before and had them drained a number of times, but this is different......don't know why it's bugging me...... I'm usually pretty good about these things, You would think that as many times as I stick myself or have been stuck by medical personnel. it would be old hat now...... oh well, it is what it is.

Hope everyone has a good day. Will drop in later.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 5:58AM
olldroo
Morning to you both. Mo you sound as dangerous at the shops as I am. Fortunately my feet are playing up too much lately and 3 hours is my limit.

Had a bit of a U-Turn with my plans today, got 3 windows washed while BH was really tackling the beds. I think he is really liking my idea for them and is very keen to see the end result.

Has all this actually turned him into a decorator ???? Only taken 70 years.

Asked me to go and get the stain and start staining so he could see how it would turn out and also to see just how much sanding he actually has to do. I keep telling him what he has done is fine, normally he would have grumbled about doing as much as he has but this is eerie, he is so into it. So I have one coat on half the bed - he still has the rest to sand. Isn't coming up quite like I visioned but I think the timber is a very dark one so it may take 3 coats. At first I didn't think the stain was going to do anything but it got better and better as it dried and the one coat has it looking like driftwood, which is pretty cool.
6 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:06AM
olldroo
Morning too Kutchie, we must have been typing at the same time. Oh dear, your neighbour sounds a worry but what I hate is the fact that I am fast approaching this possibility too.

Chin up for Friday, try to find something positive to focus on. I can understand how things can suddenly get to you, sometimes the most everyday things can become too much. This could be your body screaming 'enough', the weather being so hot and humid - certainly humidity sends me ratty at times, or just your general mood and lets face it, you just don't get a break at all. I never cease to be amazed at your cheerfullness, you are one amazing person.
6 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:13AM
olldroo
So Bobbi, where did you get to with your tables yesterday? I'm still laughing at the styrofoam. Maybe you should have left it and pretended it was snow.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:16AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Bobbi, the Styrofoam was classic..........I can just see little foam peanuts floating about and the wind current's pushing them along the floor with you chasing them.............we received a parcel that was filled with them, left the box on the table and went on about our doings.......ceiling fan didn't get them, but the cat did....... Lisa went to carry the box out to the trash can pen and when she picked up the box there was an immediate explosion of cat and peanuts everywhere. He had burrowed down completely in them and when he came out, he made a streak through the house leaving a trail of peanuts behind him.......not to mention the ones that were attached to him by static electricity which just spooked him more........Lisa was pissed, course it didn't help that I grabbed the camera and snapped a couple of pictures with her and peanuts sticking to her clothes.........
5 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:33AM
kimdee24
Styrofoam --- ahhhhh! *runs screaming from the room*

Good morning everyone. Looking like another cloudy and cool day here in tundraland, but no rain in the forecast so hopefully I'll get my ladies league game in tonight. Expecting a parcel today from Restoration Hardware -- I ordered some metal cast letters that were on sale, for the top of the credenza in the den.

Still haven't received the photos from the photographer. Hope they come soon, I'm dying to see them.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:37AM
olldroo
Yeah, kd, so are we. (Stickybeaks)
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:41AM
Jayme H.
Morning everyone!! Good luck on the injections Little Orphan Kitty Pa! Hope u get some good relief! I do believe I am headed to the chiropractor today & calling friends to see if anyone has any flexeril laying around!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:43AM
Hi all! Well unfortunately for me the Styrofoam wasn't peanuts. It was many thin sheets that had broken down into teeny tiny pieces and man can they fly. By the time the blankety blank tables were fully assembled I had vacuumed the room three times! Tables are good but not the pewter as advertised, more like a charcoal but they are contemporary and they serve their purpose so I think R is happy with them. I'm going for the leather rug under the coffee table, if for nothing else than texture and to keep my knees safe. Glass tables are not easy to see in the dark.

STK, your neighbor sounds like a hoot! You need to start posting pics of all the oddities in your hood so we can all share a laugh. That might be mean, tho, you might need to take on an anonymous Houzz name for this. And sorry about your hip, have you ever thought about taking it easy, maybe resting occasionally???

Roo! BH a decorator! That's fabulous. I love your influence over him, keep up the good work. And the beds sound like they're coming along nicely, post some pics for the during and after stages!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:45AM
I think I will post a dilemma today regarding Rocky and his digging. Right now we have him tethered to the patio and he's not liking it, but I can't afford for him to dig up the very few things we plant! Feel free to offer and help/advice you may have :))
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:47AM
Jayme H.
@bobbi..I never have had a digger, just yappers! I had to go outside each time they yapped, redirected them for about 2 weeks. After that they usually needed just one or two verbal reminders to stop...if they don't listen to that I go out and put them in kennel for a bit and they seem to get it now.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:49AM
Thanks Jayme. The Rockster doesn't yap much but he's starting to whine a lot being tethered to the porch.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:51AM
Jayme H.
One has terrier in her, so she is "territorial"...hence part of the yapping!!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:52AM
Here's the link if you have any ideas/pictures, I appreciate any and all ideas: http://www.houzz.com/discussions/513530/Help-With-Digger-Dog-
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:52AM
Yep, Rocky is part Jack Russell and part Rat terrier! Right now he's just being a rat!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:53AM
Jayme H.
I pretend I am Ceasar Milan...Calm assertive leader...HA!! I sometimes yell though!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:54AM
kimdee24
I love Cesar! Bobbi, I don't have a digger, but I put a couple of article links on your dilemma, maybe they will help some. (One is from Cesar!)
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:58AM
olldroo
Well, bobbi, I don't know, it depends on his taste, at the moment he seems to be agreeing with me but in the past I always referred to it being in the part of his anatomy that never sees the sun.

I did post a before photo here some time back of the end of the lower bed. You can see how daggy the colour is, plus it is pretty scratched and the kids had gone mad with stickers all over it.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 6:58AM
Oh God, stickers! What a joy!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:00AM
Ok, so I Googled "Creative Dog Proofing", clicked on Images, and this is one of the pics I got:
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:01AM
I'm not really sure that relates?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:02AM
kimdee24
Makes me wish I had something to dog proof....
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:02AM
Hehehe!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:03AM
olldroo
Bobbi, this looks an interesting site. My first thought was he is bored, especially if you have him tied up. It also brings in the heat aspect too which I suggested earlier.

Jayme, I laughed at you putting them in the kennel - sort of like a naughty chair. With my new TV I can get a lot more channels my old one couldn't and last night
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:03AM
olldroo
Agghh - I did not press submit!!!

last night I caught an episode of Supernanny training parents to use the naughty chair with a really obnoxious 4 year old. I could just picture it with a dog.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:05AM
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:06AM
Roo, right now it's not hot at all. Yesterday only hit 89 which isn't bad. Here's what I think the issue is: We stopped feeding him people food. Strictly dog food now, good quality tube food that comes refrigerated. So I think his logic is "if you're going to treat me like a dog, I will behave like one". Seriously!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:06AM
Roo, I read that article and it does make sense. He is an escape artist, a little Houdini! We've had to put 4 x 4's all along the fence line because he tries to dig under!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:08AM
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:13AM
armygirl1987
Bobbi-I had to cement my fence line for my dogs so completely understand. I had talked about my dogs doing the same thing
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:13AM
armygirl1987
Bobb-I hate say it but you have to stay strong and be consistent with him.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:14AM
S. Thomas Kutch
Well considering his breed, it's natural instinct to dig.........that's what they do, dig out rats. Even when there are no rats. What you need is behavior modification.........a squirt gun with vinegar and water in it is a great modifier. Doesn't hurt them, but they don't like the smell of the vinegar, just a quick squirt when he starts digging and only when he's digging........they learn very quickly..................it's the humane way. My preference is the cattle prod.........it worked wonders on Lisa, but I'm told the ASPCA is against them.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:15AM
Jayme H.
Kitty pa!! Shouldn't u be campaigning?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:19AM
Jayme H.
Thank Heavens...hubby has a friend who is an ER Doc....who knows me and is giving me flexeril script!! Relief is on the way!!
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:20AM
kimdee24
Hope it helps, Jayme!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:22AM
olldroo
Kittypa that was naughty!!!

Well you have identified one trait - a houdini - so that is a lead. Do you have any areas near you where you can let him run free of his leash? We have parks with designated dog run areas. Maybe a bit of new exploring might help. I would definitely not give in to his footpath flopping. I would let him lie, he would soon get sick of it and have some dry treats in your pocket to give him when he does start walking again.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:25AM
Cattle prod? OMG, poor Lisa!

Roo, we have a dog park and R has taken him there. He just sits or lays on the grass, and he lets all the other dogs sniff his butt. He's not social at all. When we had the BBQ he had tons of people to give him attention, but he spent the entire day in R's car, just sitting on the front seat!

I think we've tried all the professional advice available. So now I need a creative way to protect the flower beds, something colorful and interesting. Cactus? No, R would never permit it.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:30AM
olldroo
Bobbi - I found the answer !!! Never heard of a Rat Terrier before.
http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/rat-terrier
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:32AM
kimdee24
Great article, Ms Roo.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:35AM
Jayme H.
Thx Kimdee!! I am fine..the old war horse will trot on!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:36AM
Roo! Weird! Did you read the description at the top? It's the anti-Rocky - feisty, funny, energetic, and lively! He has none of these traits!!! OMG. Ok, well, at least the picture looks like him :))
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:37AM
Jayme H.
@Bobbi...HMMM that guy is pretty hot, looks like he may need some cougar training...meoww
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:41AM
olldroo
I thought you said he was feisty once before. Well he certainly fits the stubborn and the anti social - funny would depend on your sense of humour. I liked the digging to China - that definitely fits.

Can't identify the breed of dog on your thread.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:41AM
Jayme H.
@roo...ha ha..yes it is the naughty chair and they know it..all I have to do it point to it...and in they go!! Little beasts!! Then they look at me and smile with their teeth showing.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:42AM
olldroo
At least they are obedient - Rocky seems a complete law unto himself.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:47AM
Jayme H.
This is a lot more fun than working
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:47AM
kimdee24
It is!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:48AM
olldroo
W-O-R-K is a four letter word!!!
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:51AM
Jayme H.
I could not sit on a stool bent over all day so I am not going in...called to get into chiropractor & getting the flexeril soon!
-Got someone to work for me...our workplace is not ergonomic and everyone is getting backaches.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:55AM
olldroo
Wonder no one has sued them.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:58AM
armygirl1987
I hate to say it Bobbi-but our animal are a reflection of us. Rocky is a riot. he is like I am in charge and you betta recognize
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:58AM
Angela, you are not kidding! He really thinks he runs the show, and we're the ones needing obedience training!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:59AM
olldroo
Angela, if you check the link to the description of the breed, this is one really difficult breed to do anything with.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:00AM
Barbed wire??? just kidding, no fan mail, please. I think previous owners must have had him in a dog run, because when he walks from one side of the yard to the other he follows the same exact path. The way our yard is set up a dog run just wouldn't work.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:02AM
olldroo
Bobbi, I noticed that breed website said he will resort to chewing and barking if he doesn't get enough mental stimulation.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:08AM
Jayme H.
I have a friend who had 2 jack russells...she had to give one to a family member..they seem to have quite a strong will from what she said.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:08AM
kimdee24
And Jacks are high-energy dogs. They need a LOT of exercise.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:09AM
armygirl1987
I would try making his own sand hole and see what happens
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:09AM
olldroo
kd - so do the rats but how do you make a dog exercise that is as stubborn and devious as Rocky.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:11AM
Rocky has NO energy at all. He is very happy sleeping the entire day! And he does have a very strong will. When we got him, I thought he had been abused because he was afraid of EVERYTHING. Now I think prev owners had just tried to break his will, unsuccessfully He loves to run away, and once I paid this dude on a skateboard $20 for bringing him home!

Angela, I can't do a sand anything because there are millions of stray cats in this neighborhood! But thanks anyway.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:13AM
Jayme H.
@roo...there needs to be some changes..Our state is all for the employer so even when people get hurt ND workmen's compensation often wriggles out of paying anyhow. There are 3 of us and all of us r having problems. We r not set up properly..and I am cutting back on working there...tired of it..at least at my other job, they have the proper equipment...
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:14AM
I would hate to work in a state that is employer friendly! California is all for the employee, employees own the state! Not literally, natch, but when it comes to workers comp employees always get the advantage.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:16AM
armygirl1987
Oh Bobbi-can you afford obedience training
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:16AM
Angela, doubtful but I'll check with hubby, thanks!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:17AM
Jayme H.
@bobbi...My old bichon, Tuffy (passed at 16 y.o)...was strong willed..he was a pee pee boy...would come in from outside and pee on something...I gave up, he was untrainable and would act worse if u tried to redirect him...Chuck found it out the hard way..he didn't believe me..till he got to know him better...The dog was very intelligent as well...stole a pot roast from fridge...and would take off all over town...knew his way around the entire town...(BEAST)! Miss him dearly though!!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:18AM
olldroo
Interesting the comparison between the states - it always seems to be a feast or famine situation, no one can ever seem to find a sensible, practical solution to benefit everyone. Of course it is even harder when you get so many cheats, they spoil it for everyone. Good to hear you are cutting back Jayme although firms like this probably don't give a damn, no matter how good you are.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:20AM
mpoulsom
sounds like the Rock needs something to keep his mind occupied. A job! That's kind of the way Dali is, but she is so good. The difference is that we got her when she was still little, so the training as been easier i think. She loves to catch a ball and the frisbee. J has really been working with her though.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:21AM
armygirl1987
Jayme-Bella is the same way, cannot keep a rug in the house. If it is soft, she uses it. She will be fine using pee pee pad, then few days later, she goes right back to her old way.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:23AM
mpoulsom
J made an elevated dog dish holder for Dali yesterday afternoon. Think we may make a business out of it. Part-time that is. Make them very artsy fartsy and decorator friendly and try and sell them at some boutiques and maybe some outdoor festivals. What do you guys think?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:24AM
armygirl1987
The new rug that I bought for my living room is already outside because she uses it as her personal spot.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:25AM
armygirl1987
Bobbi, can you start a raised garden for his use.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:25AM
mpoulsom
And thought of a great idea for people that don't want the dog dishes to show sometimes, or to cut off dogs from food and water at certain times of the day. A bottom drawer that pulls out of your cabinetry with a built in tray on top of it, holes cut out for the bowls, or one bowl......you pull it out at feeding time and then close it shut when not in use.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:28AM
We looked into wood planters to put around the perimeter. One of the flower beds measures 26' X 5'. The wood planters are $60! It would take about 6 of them, or $360. No way! And there are three planter beds, this one is the smallest. If I had a thousand dollars I'd put it into sod!!!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:31AM
pattyannb
Good Morning all...
MP... Great idea on the dog dishes...
Bobbi... have you thought about putting chicken wire in your gardens? Just about 5 in deep so if he digs he will have to stop because of the wire...
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:38AM
olldroo
I read the chicken wire suggestion on one of those websites too. I know it definitely works.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:41AM
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:41AM
Jayme H.
@bobbi...ND is a "right to work state"...can fire u for any reason...And work comp is state administered and deny everyone...Lots of disabled workers who get nothing up here...and the employers can run how they want, short of staff, no support staff, etc..people get hurt all the time, and the laws are not on their side..it really is unfair and someday I hope it changes and that people get taken care of. I do know there are liars and people who try to cheat the system, but there are many who really are injured (lots of nurses)...no recourse and no job.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 8:41AM
Judy M
Lol, just posted same photo of dog food dish cabinet.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:42AM
olldroo
mp what do you mean about an elevated holder? Lots of ideas on Houzz

]
http://www.houzz.com/photos/products/dog-feeding-bowls-in-drawers
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:44AM
mpoulsom
oh helz...i'm always a dollar short and a day late! hahaha!
roo...thanks for showing me those! they are awesome and just what I was thinking! We could still make some though and sell them around here. I haven't really seen them anywhere.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:47AM
olldroo
Gosh Jayme, what State is ND? Sounds way behind the times. Do you have Unions? I am not in favour of Unions generally, but at times like this they do make a difference. I do agree with businesses being able to fire people for poor performance without having to justify it in 97 ways, it is getting very difficult here, especially when 9 times out of 10 people will then scream racial discrimination. What happens to disabled people - do they get pensions?
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:49AM
olldroo
mp - loved the cupboard with the fake grass - too cool.

Lordy, I must get to bed. Night all, been fun.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 8:52AM
MP, one cheap idea we had was burying plastic lattice under mulch. It's still a consideration because IT'S CHEAP! I would want plastic so he didn't get a splinter the first time he digs.

Jayme, those Right to Work states are narsty! I would move to California, if I were you!

Angela, the raised garden bed is lovely, but it's only 6" high. Rocky would see that as his playground!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:01AM
Jayme H.
@roo...some people file for disability and that is a long process, often denial several times...Sometimes people get a partial settlement from ND Work Comp but it is also a long process..people go broke. ND is way behind in many areas for sure...no nursing unions that I know of around here...and the "benefits" offered from employers that claim "long-term disability" coverage is useless unless u are approved for social security disability from the gov't, which, as before mentioned, takes a long time-and then people often are denied.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:04AM
Jayme H.
@bobbi...at some point i hope there is a huge backlash and people get compensated..but I doubt it will happen anytime soon!! The big employers are the ones lobbying for the laws and those protect them, not the workers.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:05AM
mpoulsom
i think plastic lattice would work bob! sounds like it would deter him anyway???
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:07AM
mpoulsom
well jayme that just sucks! sorry about your state. mine is probably the same way and I don't even know it. :(
I DO know one thing that makes me blow steam from my ears, and that is that I have known people who SHOULD be getting disability and could not, and others who got it and have no business getting it. They work under the table and make even more money, while I'm paying for it! pisses me off to no end. I knew the sweetest girl who worked in health care, caretaker for elderly, who was mostly green when I would see her because she needed a kidney transplant. They wouldn't give her disability.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:08AM
Jayme, I do believe Silicon Valley was the driving force behind the worker's rights changes. During the 80's Silicon Valley was desperate for workers and offered unbelievable comps. Free food; flex-time; amazing amounts of paid leave. Now things have changed for the Valley but workers will not stand for changes to their benefits.

If you file for Worker's Comp, no one disputes it in any way. Your employer (here) MUST process the forms within 24 hours, I think it is. And it is just accepted that you are hurt, and your employer must provide you with the appropriate medical resources. Of course, YOU must be honest. I know of one guy who "hurt" his back, and the worker's comp carrier hired an investigator, and caught him playing football in his front yard. He was fired, and rightly so.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:11AM
Jayme H.
A lot of people in this state don't know either...until they get hurt..unfortunately!! It will be interesting to see how many people get messed up working in the oil fields out West!!

-On a different note...Has anyone seen Michael Douglas in "Liberace"?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:12AM
Jayme H.
@Bobbi...Yes, there definitely is fraud!! Here u have to go to the Work Comp Doctor designated by your employer..he or she decides if your injury was work related....at our large hospital, this work comp. doctor is an employee of the hospital. (? conflict of interest)
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:14AM
armygirl1987
Bobbi-that is what I will be doing for my dogs and will let you know if it work.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:14AM
Ok, I just got an email from Mitchell Parker regarding the OLLD"s discussion. His article isn't about us after all. It's an article about how to use the discussions properly, and how the Other category sparked our friendship. So we're cool!

Jayme, haven't seen it! I just can't see Michael Douglas as Liberace! Elton John would have been a better choice, no?
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:15AM
Angela, which one? The raised bed or the lattice?
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:17AM
pattyannb
My BIL hurt his back at work... L&I wouldn't approve the surgery until he blew out 2 more disc... Now he is 75% disabled.... They (L&I) tried to settle for $42,000.00.. He's had to get a lawyer to get the disability he deserves.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:20AM
pattyannb
Nice English don't cha think? I am really tired today...
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:22AM
Patty, that's awful, but yep, I've heard a bunch of stories like that too :((
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:22AM
pattyannb
Elton John for sure! I like Michael Douglas, but don't see him doing something like that...
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:23AM
pattyannb
I know Bobbi... He was a golf pro... teacher (golf) And now his game is so bad my sister plays better than he does.. LoL
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:25AM
I can totally see Elton John having a blast with that role!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:25AM
pattyannb
He still tries tho... Can't walk without a cane, but he still goes out and swings at a ball...
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:29AM
Good for him for not giving up!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:29AM
kimdee24
Just snapped a photo of the powder room for my designer. Thought I'd share. It's a better one than I posted before.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:36AM
Nice! I like it Kimdee!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:41AM
armygirl1987
The raised bed idea for the dogs. As I said I had to cement all my fence line so that they could not sneak outside and that has worked to keep them inside the fence line. I had to build a lattice type vegetable garden to keep them out. I have to now get a new gate because they dug under the fence. I had concrete and tiled the patio to keep the dirt outside the house and they still keep digging. I am just going to give them their own play area, thank god I do not have any problem with cats but for my peace of mind I will make it work,
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:46AM
armygirl1987
Nice Kimdee and see you have already done the toilet paper idea.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:46AM
Jayme H.
Unfortunately, it's the dishonest ones who ruin it for everyone else...and then people have to fight for their rights! I have seen it over and over in many differerent areas!!
-Kimdee ...love your bathroom..very pretty!!
-@Angela...mine were escape artists as well...over the neighbor's picket fence in winter by climbing up on snowbanks and jumping over!!
-@mp...your poor BIL!! OUCH.. ruptured discs are so painful..and they always try to make it out to be a pre-existing condition and deny.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:58AM
kimdee24
Hopefully I'll have a mirror for it soon.
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:00AM
mpoulsom
bob....J just had an idea....a motion detection sprinkler that shoots out water when rocky gets near the beds. Look up products to deter deer maybe.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:18AM
mpoulsom
hey guys...does anyone remember the houzz article thingy about dogs? I'm trying to locate it, but can't remember the title.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 10:25AM
astraea
Just came home from errands ..

Bobbi – If a state isn’t “employer friendly”, in a reasonable way .. why would any company want to set up shop or remain there?! It also seems to me that when the workers “own the state”, that’s when the state is in a very bad position financially .. giving away money it doesn’t have!

Roo – You’re right; no one wants to see “the big picture” and compromise. Unions start out good, fighting for basic worker rights & safety .. but then go on to want everything .. even if it puts the company out of business.

Bobbi/pattyann – I remember when I saw “La Cage” on Broadway .. and was shocked to see Gene Barry play one of the gay couple – handsome star of “Bat Masterson” and “Burke’s Law” on TV. So I can picture Michael Douglas as Liberace; Elton John is too young.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:46AM
mpoulsom
jayme...i don't even have a BIL! ha! i think that was someone else yackin! :)

kimdee, love the wallpaper! looks great!
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:46AM
mpoulsom
I just saw a trailer from the Liberace movie 2 days ago. Looks like it might be good. I want to see it anyway. But I don't have HBO.. :(
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 10:47AM
mpoulsom
Havahart spray motion sprinkler....
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:54AM
mpoulsom
hahaha!
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:56AM
armygirl1987
My digs would live that
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:57AM
armygirl1987
Dogs would love that
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 11:05AM
mpoulsom
i knew what you meant! ha!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 11:05AM
armygirl1987
I have lost numerous hose and sprinkler heads
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 11:08AM
Jayme H.
@mp...IDK why I said MP when I meant Pattyannb!!! ha!! must've had u in my mind!!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 11:16AM
The water deterrent is a great idea, unfortunately there's no water on that side of the yard. We'd have to get a 200 yard hose to make that work! Appreciate the idea, tho!

Astraea, that is a problem here in California. Different states have been here recently trying to lure businesses away. And Mexico being so close and having cheap labor is also an issue. But for most parts of California the weather is firmly in our favor. And in areas (like mine!) where the weather isn't choice, the cost of having a business here is low and attractive. IDK, California seems to be some kind of a mecca!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 11:52AM
busylady1
Hi All, Have been missing out on all your chit chat since Saturday, but we are having a lovely time in Mallorca, where the weather is beautiful, the scenery is wonderful and we are feeling nicely chilled out, the local wine helps of course!
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 11:54AM
Oh! And Elton John was born in 1947! Not too old to be Liberace at 65 years of age. Liberace was only 3 years older when he died. Hey! He Elton is old! Should we make Elton John an honorary OLLD?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 11:55AM
Gee, busylady, rub it in why don't ya? hehehe Good for you having a great time!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 11:56AM
kimdee24
Bobbi -- I love California. I can't wait for my next trip there. Busylady -- omg.... so jealous!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:11PM
You know, on second thought about the sprinkler idea.....R has been wanting to put a sprinkler system in the backyard for a couple of years now. I'd sure rather sink the money into that (pardon the pun) than more mulch or more fencing. I think I'll suggest that to him, thanks!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 12:12PM
astraea
Bobbi - Somehow I thought that Liberace had to be much older than that when he died, not 67.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:13PM
IDK how accurate this is, but when I Googled him it said Liberace was born May 16, 1919 and died Feb 4, 1987!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:15PM
kimdee24
I saw Liberace's house in Palm Springs when I was there last. It was across the street from one of the golf courses we played.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:17PM
mpoulsom
Go Busylady!!!!! Have a blast! Beautiful!

I thought he was 67.....saw that on the tube the other day. He died on my bday????.... :( I did not know that!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:34PM
MP, don't ya hate that! Freddie Mercury died on mine :((
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:36PM
mpoulsom
aawww...yes i hate that....but i guess it's better than a holiday date.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 12:39PM
mpoulsom
something weird is going on with my computer. I can't delete any of my emails on yahoo. me not like that.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 12:42PM
Shut down or re-boot, that should do it!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:48PM
Jayme H.
I think Nathan Lane could play Liberace and plus the shoe would fit!! Michael Douglas is hot.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 12:51PM
Michael Douglas is hot? Ok! I haven't like him since he left his wife for Catherine Zeta-Jones. Nor Brad Pitt for the same reason. Just a personal thing, I guess!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:55PM
pattyannb
This is so cute...

1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 12:57PM
pattyannb
I always liked Michael Douglas... But yes... Not so much anymore... Same with Mel Gibson... I think he just went a little crazy...
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:59PM
pattyannb
Brad Pitt... Thumbs Down!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 12:59PM
armygirl1987
I disagree with Bradd Pitt, I think the man wanted kids and she did not cause she was into her career.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 1:11PM
armygirl1987
Did good on my quiz
6 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 1:13PM
EZ, I'm not sure about the hay because it can make such a mess in the high winds that we have, but thanks for the suggestion.

I don't think Brad Pitt cares if we like him or not!
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 1:14PM
armygirl1987
I agree w u Bobbi and as long as he happy
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 1:20PM
mpoulsom
not a fan of the pitt...never have been.
my ex-BIL, (oops forgot about him jayme)...went to high school with him and said he was a jerk back then.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 1:21PM
I can def see him being a jerk!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 1:26PM
Judy M
Came home to CT from RI (hair cut tomorrow) forgot when I was away how pretty and private my yard is. I'm gonna miss this house when we leave. :(

My Kousa is blooming here in Ct.
5 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 1:31PM
How very pretty Judy! You must have a super green thumb!

Question! I talked to R about the sprinkler system and the motion detector sprinkler. He said they're science fiction, that they don't really work. Does anyone have a first hand experience with them? Do you find that they really work? Thanks!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 1:56PM
Jayme H.
I don't care either way about Brad, just like the bod. How shallow can I get?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:10PM
mpoulsom
Bobbi...they have reviews about them. i thought I read that they DID work...need to double check I guess. Tell R to quit being a debbie downer! ;)
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:14PM
MP, I'd like to tell him something! hehehe Actually what I told him was, he doesn't like any of my ideas, he needs to come up with his own! Ha!
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:18PM
mpoulsom
Check out the scarecrow sprinkler and the havahart sprinklers.....I keep seeing 4 stars out of 5 at the very least!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:20PM
armygirl1987
PS-I love Brad in that he is one of my white boys fantasy. lol. did i say too much
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:20PM
Will do MP, thanks!

Angela!!!!!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:21PM
mpoulsom
I just watched a video that scared dogs, cats, racoons, and deer away...even a goose (i think that's what it was anyway?) Crazy and cool! Looks like they are $48 and up!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:22PM
mpoulsom
ANGELA!!!!!!!!!
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:22PM
mpoulsom
hahahaha!
He is so not one of my white boy fantasies! Never have been attracted to him. Don't like too many blondes though...unless it's a bleached out surfer boy blond with dark roots! ha!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:23PM
armygirl1987
I guess I did. maybe i should delete it
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:24PM
armygirl1987
I had a thing with an Italian guy a long time ago but that was the only time.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:24PM
armygirl1987
food for thought.....back to studying
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:25PM
armygirl1987
my current is Adam Levine from the Voice
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:25PM
mpoulsom
I'm teasing you angela! perfectly fine my dear. :) Italian, huh? in Italy?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:26PM
I've always been for the oddballs, like John Astin, great eyes!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:27PM
armygirl1987
No in Boston actually...
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:27PM
mpoulsom
speaking of.............tonight 2 more on the Voice going home. :(
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:27PM
mpoulsom
John Astin......wait a minute...is that Gomez?
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:27PM
armygirl1987
From the Adam Family Bobbi
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:28PM
armygirl1987
I know, so sad, who you going for mp. Michelle Shamuel
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:28PM
armygirl1987
Love her quirkness
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:29PM
Jayme H.
I like Vigo Mortenson, and Chuck...oh yeah, and Oliver Martinez.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:29PM
mpoulsom
bobbi, I'm sorry but these are not great eyes in my universe! lol!
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:29PM
armygirl1987
hurry, i have to delete that last post
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:30PM
armygirl1987
yeah Jayme Vigo is hot..
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:30PM
mpoulsom
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Michelle! I hope she wins, but I have a sneaky feeling that either Sasha Allen or Danielle (16 yr. old) will win. UNLESS Danielle and sasha's votes end of cancelling them out and Michelle squeaks by with her fans to beat them!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:31PM
I love his eyes! And his craziness! You've got to have some craziness in your life, it's a requirement. I also loved Christopher Walken before he let himself go. Never liked Mickey Rourke, even tho he's a bit odd.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:31PM
armygirl1987
How about John Stamos
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:31PM
Vigo? Picture? Don't know the name :((
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:31PM
armygirl1987
Dont get me wrong I love some country music but I think Danielle will win too...
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:32PM
armygirl1987
Can I delete the Adam post..
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:32PM
John Stamos? Full House? Too good looking, I like the odd ones!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:32PM
armygirl1987
Christopher Walken is weird
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:32PM
armygirl1987
guess I like good looking then
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:32PM
mpoulsom
I love Christopher Walken...but for his personality and sense of humor. he's one of those people that I won't take my eyes off of, just waiting to hear what he says.

Well bob, John Astin looks pretty crazy in that pic up yonder!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:32PM
Jayme H.
Paul Newman, a young one...WOWZA
4 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:33PM
armygirl1987
ok wow and wowza
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:34PM
Jayme H.
bobbi...Vigo was in Lord of the Rings...
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:34PM
Paul Newman all day everyday!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:34PM
Jayme H.
Paul Newman in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"....Lord have mercy was he hot!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:34PM
mpoulsom
country seems to be really sweeping the american landscape these days....it's everywhere now. Even in the NE, which I would not think would ever happen. I am not a big country music fan myself, but it is so popular with the general public now, I will not be surprised if Danielle wins at all. She is super talented as well.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:35PM
Jayme H.
I love Ray Liotta's eyes
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:35PM
mpoulsom
I'll vote for PN! Beautiful man, he was.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:35PM
armygirl1987
Well< I couldnt pick a person for this group so here is the link http://tripletmom.hubpages.com/hub/Sexy-Black-Actors
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:36PM
mpoulsom
I like Ray, but he creeps me out a little bit for some reason. I'm Andy Garcia as far as looks go.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:36PM
Billy Dee Williams.....Angela, I'll have to think on that one.

Ted Nugent? Oh yes.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:37PM
mpoulsom
Harry Belafonte
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:38PM
armygirl1987
My favorite country song is
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:38PM
Ted!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:39PM
armygirl1987
that was not my pick but I was going down the list and couldnt decide
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:39PM
Ray Liotta reminds me of Scott Peterson, the guy who killed his pregnant wife.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:40PM
Jayme H.
Vigo in Lord of the Rings...looking a little wild and grubby
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:40PM
Oh! Oh! I also like Edward Norton!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:40PM
Got it Jayme, thanks! Didn't see the movie (I was there, but I was snoring!)
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:41PM
Jayme H.
Dean Cain looks just like Scott Peterson, played him in a t.v. show..I followed that trial.....Ray had piercing blue eyes.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:42PM
armygirl1987
Loved Lord of the Rings
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:42PM
Jayme H.
Joaquin Phoenix (odd looking) piercing blue eyes too
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:43PM
armygirl1987
Ok, back to class and enjoy this ladies.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:46PM
Ok, getting back to Houzz and home, would you like this napkin ring?
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 2:50PM
Jayme H.
No complaints coming from me Angela!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:51PM
Jayme H.
That's cute Bobbi
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:51PM
Jayme, would you actually touch it? I don't think I could!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 2:53PM
pattyannb
Denzel Washington – Classically Sexy..... :-)
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:03PM
pattyannb
Hi... just taking a work break... And here I find you ladies looking at men...
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 3:05PM
mpoulsom
i like it!
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 3:09PM
pattyannb
And we must not forget "The Boss"...
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:13PM
pattyannb
Has anyone here ever made Roman shades?
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:15PM
DIAspoton
well ladies i'm just catcxhing up on todays design discussion.
if i were designing a man he would have all of the very best qualities of :
paul newman, robert redford, sidney portier, clint eastwood, johnny carson, mel brooks, jimmy buffet, richard branson and...
ooh better stop myself now!
so many great men and none of them mine. no worries. life is good.
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:19PM
pattyannb
Jimmy Buffet is just so fun!....
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 3:21PM
Jayme H.
Happy with what I have...for sure!
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:28PM
pattyannb
I am not really a Parrot Head, but DH is... That's about all the music he will listen to... I always have to go and take out most of the CD's and put something else in...
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 3:28PM
pattyannb
Well, you certainly got lucky with that one Jayme... :-)
3 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:29PM
Check out this cool idea for what to do with your summer fireplace, from This Old House Magazine, July:
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 3:57PM
pattyannb
This is my fav country song... :-)

1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 4:38PM
olldroo
Morning all, another chatfest today. We have Brad Pitt visiting us here at the moment but very little media attention. Don't know if that means he is ho-hum or he is laying low. Has Pax with him.

Bobbi - of concern to me with those motion sprinklers is that they would get you more than Rocky. I certainly would be the worst at forgetting about them. I wonder just how sensitive they are though, I'm thinking of the sensor security lighting that a gust of wind will set off.

I'm just wondering with Rocky too, if his breed (or both of them) are supposed to be very active dogs and he sleeps all day, is he deficient in some vitamins, minerals or nutrients. Have you ever raised this with the vet?

Angela - congratulations on passing your test - see it wasn't that hard was it. If you want to delete something hover your cursor around the top right hand corner of your comment and an "edit" and "delete" option will come up.

Patty, sorry I haven't had the energy to make Roman Shades but I know we can buy kits to make them. Check around DIY furnishing stores.

Looks like it is going to pour rain today and it is down to 12 deg so much cooler. It actually reached 21 yesterday which was very balmy for winter. Off to do more staining - catch you up tonight.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 4:41PM
olldroo
Patty - that song is sooooo true it is scary. LOVE Kenny Chesney. Country has to be my favourite music.
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 4:52PM
pattyannb
Wow... I must have been under a rock or something... Didn't know he did country... And this is from 2009

0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 4:58PM
pattyannb
Roo... I really like all kinds of music... Except rap...
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 4:59PM
olldroo
I've only heard him do country - maybe because that is what I mostly listen to. Rap doesn't turn me on either although it is very clever but jazz is the one style I can't stand. Anything else I love ........... oh except for Chinese Opera too. Holy moly, that went ALL day yesterday with a table tennis backdrop!!! I'll catch Darius later, must away.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 5:03PM
pattyannb
This is what I remember of him... Guess I have been under a rock...

1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 5:08PM
Roo, thanks so much for your concern about Rocky. The vet says he's fine, the perfect weight for his size and breed. He's just really, really manipulative and he MUST have his way. I'm not manipulative but I must have my way too!
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 5:09PM
STK, David, Linda, can anyone help this poster? http://www.houzz.com/discussions/514040/Haisa-Light-disaster
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:24PM
armygirl1987
I know how to delete, just was not sure if the Adam Levine pic was appropriate.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:45PM
olldroo
No bobbi, you are not manipulative - you are 100% PURE WOMAN!!!!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 6:55PM
olldroo
Another lot of stain on the beds as far as I can go and they are coming up great. Should be able to do 2nd coat this afternoon, it is pretty quick drying. Absolutely pouring here now and BH not in the mood to get wet doing any more. He finds the only way to really get all the paint stripper goop off is to hit it with the gurney but I'm worried it will take too long to dry and the timber might warp. Of course he would look a right proper goose standing in the pouring rain hosing too. He just NEVER factors weather in when he plans things!!!
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:00PM
pattyannb
Oh... Angela... I dunno... I missed the pic... Hummm can you send me the link? LoL...
Just kidding... Any guy that can be the same age as my oldest is pretty much weird to me... Guess I wouldn't be a good cougar... In more ways than one... Ha... WSU Cougars... University of WA Husky's... Take the Dawgs any time! :-)
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:15PM
armygirl1987
patty it is up top below the john astin pic
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:18PM
pattyannb
Well Roo... that is why I haven't taken on the bamboo or rattan furniture I have... The weather is just not right since I have to do it outside... Guess July 4th is just around the corner... That is when our summer really begins..
*sigh*
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 7:19PM
pattyannb
Nope... don't see it do you?
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:22PM
olldroo
Our weather is so all over the place, which is quite normal but what makes it even harder is that the forecasts are frequently soooooo out. Today the rain was only supposed to have been out west and the base of the mountains, not on the coast.

Just catching up a bit too.

Busy - thanks for the photos. Place looks gorgeous. Glad you have having a great time. Have a wine for me ......Cheers!!!

kd - your powder room looks great, very smart actually. I was so busy admiring your lights I didn't realise you didn't have a mirror. What is with the coloured toilet paper?? Oh and I love the towel stand too, that is very classy.

Morning tea over - back to work.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 7:27PM
pattyannb
So Roo... Do you drink green tea?
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 9:20PM
olldroo
Yes Patty, green during the day and camomile at night. Can't even stand the smell of black tea, it always made me ill. My mother was a huge tea drinker and I reckon she poisoned me during her pregnancy. :) I only drink decaf coffee too.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 9:30PM
kimdee24
Ms Roo -- the colored toilet paper: I just wrapped the paper rolls in tissue paper. It was an idea someone posted here recently and it just looks better than all these white rolls in the basket... plus, you could change it out for the holidays (christmas theme, or whatever). Thought it was a cool idea.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:03PM
pattyannb
I love green tea... But coffee is what I drink... Kind of a coffee snob... It's gotta be the good stuff...
But Green tea is so good for you.... just doesn't give me the jolt I need...
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 10:04PM
kimdee24
I like green tea also. And black tea. And coffee. Must. Have. Coffee.
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 10:05PM
pattyannb
I think this is awesome...

"It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced--or seemed to face--the whole external world for an instant, and then concentrate on you with irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey." --The Great Gatsby
1 Like   June 11, 2013 at 10:06PM
pattyannb
I saw that too Kimdee... just need to get out my stash of tissue... and find a basket or something to put it in...
I thought it was such a good idea...
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:08PM
pattyannb
Nigh-Nigh....
0 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:14PM
olldroo
After I had my second joey I found I was drinking coffee more and more for a kick that I never really got till I was slurping through about 10 cups a day. One night I was lying in bed and my whole body started twitching and kicking and I complained to BH that I just wish I could hurry up and have the baby .............. oops I had it 6 months earlier. The next day I found out I had actually had heart palpitations and that really scared me. I raced out and got a jar of decaf and hit into that but found I was getting so many headaches it was unbearable with a baby and and toddler. I started each morning with decaf and went as long as I could stand the headache before I had a normal coffee and repeated that through the day. It took me 3 weeks to "dry out" so to speak and that really put the wind up me and I never went back to normal coffee again. Probably because of it I am not a coffee snob at all, instant does me fine but I buy the best brand for flavour. I rarely drink coffee in summer now and only have one, maybe two a day in winter, I find it more warming than tea. In summer with our heat and humidity, I often make up a jug of tea and keep it in the fridge, it is much more refreshing cold.

Nice idea with the toilet paper but I just couldn't be bothered. The ensuite has the vanity right beside the loo with a stash inside and I like a covered container for the main loo.

Sleep tight all, going to check this stain is dry enough to do another coat.
2 Likes   June 11, 2013 at 10:55PM
kimdee24
My powder room rarely gets used (by me, anyhow), but there's no place to store anything in there. I imagine that stash of tp will be there for a long time before anyone needs it, unless I run out in the other bathrooms!
2 Likes   June 12, 2013 at 6:43AM
DIAspoton
trying to psyche myself up to get rid of alot today. clothes,books, papers,books,holiday,books, seasonal decorative pcs. and oh yah, more books. hate to get rid of my books but they take up so much space.
way too much stuff in this house even after donation trips to goodwill and the library last month.
need to remember this each time temptation to buy more starts calling.
as if !
2 Likes   June 12, 2013 at 7:12AM
Mo, when my in-laws where here from Mexico City a few years back, I threw away a paperback book. I was done with it, it wasn't good and I had no one to pass it on to. They were horrified! NOTHING gets thrown away in Mexico!
2 Likes   June 12, 2013 at 7:21AM
OLLD 11/6
Good morning! Happy Election Day!
OLLD11/11/13
HAPPY VETERANS DAY Are there any veterans out there....
OLLD 11/11
Good morning and happy Veterans Day! I was thinking....you...
Is 11' x 11' 6" too small for a dining room?
What size table would work? Would a round table be...
Can I buy a 60" round table with 6 chairs for a 11' x 11' dining room?
If a 60" round table would be too big, would a 54"...
Cream or Gray- VOTE now on a color!
Question on a rug color--- should I do the cream color...
need a style that lasts a long time.
re doing kitchen in an old house. want something that...
simple single closet door, very light hallow door. where can i get it
i would like to be creative about this project, rather...
Buyers remorse or OCD? New house, new stuff, no clue!
We just moved into our new custom home and I can't...
Need help updating living room
We are working on decorating our living room. Looking...