HELP!!!! This needs a total exterior makeover!
houttie
Getting the house sided, but what colors should I make it? I'm definitely leaning more towards a brown palate with stacked stone to compliment it, but where on the house and what colors? I also need landscaping ideas for the front and the back of the house. Anything helps!!
catdaley
Cute house. I would shingle it in a prestained natural shingle that will wear with out having to repaint it. It will really bring out the cottage feel of your house. This is also a great time to make the casings around your windows wider. That will make a HUGE difference in the curb appeal of your home. Use PVC for the trim so you do not need to maintain it so often. While you are at it, here is the time to replace your front windows. Use double hung or casements with mullions to add to the cottage feel. Have fun!
June 12, 2013 at 12:10pm     
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
You could turn it into a real gem and if you have the budget I'd go for something like this :
Either way I would saw cut the concrete driveway leading up to the garage and remove all other sections so that you can create curb appeal with a landscape. As it is all that paved area looks like a runway. I guess that's one way to get low maintenance, LOL ! Remove that out of place evergreen as well . And yes those are veggies growing in the frontyard. If you don't like a veggie garden you can just plant some low growing cottage style flowers, add a birdbath and a birdhouse along with a little white picket fence.
June 12, 2013 at 1:11pm     
handymam
This could be a really cute house! What kind of siding are you talking about first of all? If you mean vinyl, you will be limited in colors to whatever it comes in. If you mean something paintable, you have unlimited choices. I hope when you reside, that you will remove whatever that vertical siding is around the front window. If you are not replacing windows at the moment, you might want to at least add some larger trim around them. Maybe you would like to use the stacked stone from the edge of the house to the right of the door. Colors need to be coordinated depending on the color of the stone and the roof.Get samples and bring them to your house to see them in different light. I am thinking that you will need to stay away from grey stones as your chimney is red brick though. I do like the color palette in the pic Sweet Caroline posted for your house.

Jackhammer out the concrete in the front to make room for garden beds or lawn. The concrete gives the look of a paarking lot right now. I would immediately cut down that overgrown tree/bush. When you put new shrubs in, use dwarf varieties. They won't do that.
June 13, 2013 at 8:20am   
Need total makeover for very large room! Help!!
I have a very large bonus room near our kitchen (finished...
Need help with landscape design & exterior makeover!
We recently bought this 1930's brick home and have...
Need help with my exterior makeover
Looking for ways to give the front a more modern look....
Help, my exterior needs a makeover!
I never use my back or front patios ever and my front...
Any Designers Know What Colors/Finishes Were Used Here?
My wife picked out Benjamin Moore Cream Froth and Benjamin...
Door and shutter colors for old brick home
Hello. My home was built in 1842. The trim, shutters...
Bedroom Help/curtain problems
My mom has been trying to work with this bedroom for...
Colour scheme
Hi, need help on the colour/design of my bedsheets...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...