Need help on exterior house paint colour
allynat
June 12, 2013 in Photo Questions
I have a house with a flat roof on a down sloping block, the house is brick and weatherboard. I m needing to know what colours to paint the weatherboard, windows & eaves to match the current brown bricks and colourbond 'monument' colour flat roof. I have no idea in desperate need of help!!!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
allynat
Here is a photo
June 12, 2013 at 7:59pm   
Azzizz43
I don't have an answer but I've been searching for colors for a while now and have seen houses similar to yours in different colors. I suggest a google search or a houzz search using words like "exterior brick and wood" or "exterior modern colors" or "brick house" ....etc. just scroll thru like mad until something strikes you. Keep changing the combination of the words. Keep in mind that painting the brick is ok. People tend to think this is a no no but it's really not. I think more modern colors tend to be on the darker side these days with dark trim but really it's all a matter of taste in the end. If I come across some photos I'll post em. Hope it works out well.
June 23, 2013 at 8:42am     
Azzizz43
Found a few....
June 23, 2013 at 9:08am     
allynat
Thank you. The darker grey is nice. I am trying to stay away from the brown look so while the warm beige suggested earlier in the post suits well, I think the darker greys are more suitable in the modern world. Off white window trimming & a light grey facia, dark grey weatherboards. A friend suggested something along these lines too I think she's spot on.
June 23, 2013 at 1:46pm     
ktbunger
Found a response about the paint color from the builder of this house on another picture of it and thought i would share since so many people (including myself) are interested....

First Lamp
This was a color match that we pulled off of an existing house, so it's not a standard color. James Hardie has a standard color named "Slate Gray" that is close to this. Hope this helps!
June 25, 2013 at 7:54pm