In need of design help!
mario_shanna
My family wants comfort. I am trying to figure out a way to accommodate them as we'll as myself. I want accessories and some elegance. Any ideas and tips are welcome. Thanks in advance.
What is the size of the room?
June 13, 2013 at 6:36PM   
lonecouleeranch
Are you purchasing new items? Sofa, table, lamps? Are you just looking for new furniture placement?
June 13, 2013 at 6:49PM     
imzadi
I would replace the window treatment and hang simple lined drapes that would block out the sun and cut down on reflection. The furniture does seem rather large for the space that I can see but possible you could move it back a bit so it doesn't seem to crowd the room. It may be better to use floor lamps. They take up less space and side tables can be used making your family happy and not worry about knocking the lamps over.
June 13, 2013 at 7:12PM     
mario_shanna
I am trying not to replace the furniture for now. I would like to make it over without spending a ton of money. I am willing to remove things that are not working or that don't make sense and add accessories. Thanks for your input.
June 14, 2013 at 11:39PM   
tayloch
I would remove the rug or replace with a lighter one, the lower half of your room is very dark compared to the upper half. I love your lamps and the mirror on the wall but together they compete with each other, separate them. I also like your curtains, I wouldn't change. Try adding some gold accents in your room whether through cushions or pictures to lighten and add some glamour. If you can afford it changing the coffee table to a lighter one with a glass top would help add the perception of space and could add a touch more glamour. Hope this helps.
June 15, 2013 at 12:36AM     
Need help with living room arrangement
My husband and I received our new apartment and had...
A lot of work and now a lot of questions! Please help with kitchen!!!
Stripped wallpaper and painted cabinets . Now I'm getting...
A new patio
Need help deciding whAt to add on our back porch. A...
Should and can door hinges be painted?
Should I have had my hinges painted white like the...
Paint? Or not?
What should i do to update kitchen and family room?...