Need help with wall art ideas!
sarahann4
I have a small living room area that my boyfriend and I just repainted. We love the light grey with the dark grey accent wall, but we think it's still a little plain and want to put pictures or some kind of art on the empty, light grey wall. Any ideas???
Studio M Interior Design
What about a large art canvas for the light gray wall? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/decoration/10788/ and definitely check out http://www.greatbigcanvas.com

Good luck! :)
June 13, 2013 at 6:03pm     
lonecouleeranch
Nice wall color. A single large piece of art or a grouping of 3. Perhaps something with some lighter color in there. You could then pick a color or two for the art work and use it for pillows and a throw. A larger carpet (when the budget allows) would anchor your room better. Try moving the floor lamp behind the couch...that way you wont get a glare when watching tv at night with the light on.
June 13, 2013 at 7:05pm     
Nancy Hehmann
Look on Etsy.com and use their search engine for unique wall art or photography. You can actually discuss it with the shop owners. Many can customize what you find.
June 13, 2013 at 7:07pm   
Brittney McCarthy
I agree with loncouleeranch grouping of three would look great and you can pick some pillows to match the spots of colour. (also love the couch!)
June 13, 2013 at 7:22pm     
sweetdesign247
You can make poster sized prints of your own photos at Walmart. Do them black and white - everyone looks better in black and white. Pets and vacation shots are fun. Or buy your favourite classic movie or music posters in bright colours from allposters.com. Frame them in large inexpensive frames from Ikea. Since you have so much gray and black you may want to go with a wood colour frames to pull out the warmth of your wood floors.
I'd put one large vertical print on the left your tv, for sure. 3-5 smaller square frames would look great stretched across the other wall. Or a couple of horizontal ones.
Choose things that say something about what you love. You'll love them longer and it'll give your place unique character.
June 13, 2013 at 9:36pm   
There are many very cool wall decals on the market.
June 13, 2013 at 9:39pm     
Are you creative? You can get three square canvases. (After you paint, line them up horizontally on the wall). Select a paint chip sample card and pick three colors in a gradient from the chip. Buy the little sample bottles of paint and do a background color, next color, then the lightest color in the center. Either circles or squares, your choice. You will have your own original art and the perfect colors for your space. Or even easier, simply paint the first canvas the light color, then the second canvas a medium color, then the darkest color for a gradient effect individually. You can get the canvas that does not need framing. (they are just a bit wider). You can select the grays, or more fun an accent color of your choice. I promise you'll love it. ;)
June 13, 2013 at 9:52pm     
LB Interiors
Cover thin or 1/2" plywood panels with fabric remnants. There are different thicknesses at Home Depot and Lowes Home Improvement stores. You could also buy foam core in different sizes at a craft or art center. Wallpaper the pieces. Use 3,5,7 depending on the size. The art should not extend beyond the width of item below it.
June 13, 2013 at 10:59pm     
It's a Beautiful World!
Or check out our page for some art ideas. Enjoy!... Raisa
June 13, 2013 at 11:22pm   
Need help for art ideas for wall in family room and other ideas
I have lived in house for 7 yrs and have never had...
Need help on the left side of room. any ideas for art etc?
The left side of our family rooms so empty. any ideas...
Need help with ideas for art work over the fireplace
Need ideas for art work over fireplace...thinking of...
OH LORD HELP!
My house was destroyed in Sandy. Finally trying to...
Help! Awkward living room
I have no idea what to do with this room. We ideally...
i want a walk in closet...
I have two small rooms and a master bedroom on the...
Redecorating new rental
I am beginning to redecorate my new rental and don't...