Decorating help!
cpmcneill
Just moved. Lots of space in the but not sure what to add. Maybe a big armchair in the corner? And need help with wall decorating!
Nancy Hehmann
Look on Etsy.com for unique wall art or photography. Just input what you like in their search engine. A chair would always be nice if you have room. I cannot tell from the pictures. But you are off to a great start!
June 13, 2013 at 7:10pm     
Drapery instead of vertical blinds for a major finishing touch. How about a nice colorful or patterned area rug pulled part way under the bed? Remove the clutter from the dresser and hang a great piece of art or a mirror. What's the lighting? Could you use a stunning chandelier. You need to spread the color from the pillows around the room. f you could nudge the furniture away from the large window you might squeeze in a chaise. Maybe a paint treatment and some art would enhance the room.

June 13, 2013 at 7:30pm     
lucyb1rd
I agree! Hang your photography on the wall and get some nice drapes get a big mirror and a goner chair. Spread the colour around more.
June 13, 2013 at 7:39pm   
Cat Rowe
Here is what I would do. Add round metal and glass side table to the other side of the bed. I believe Pottery Barn carries a nice one. Buy a pair of matching lamps for the two side tables. Move existing table lamp to the dresser. Remove blinds. New drapes on bronze rod and rings that can be pulled closed at night. The drapes should be a print the combines the colors on your bed. Check Pottery Barn, or Calico Corners. I order fabric and have my upholstery shop make the right size panels. Comes out perfect every time. Now add a chair or chaise. Whichever you perfer. Again, check Pottery Barn. Another great idea is to find a vintage chair or chaise at an antique mall or thrift store, or parents attic and have it reupholstered. A dark leopard print would be fun in your room. I would add a mirror over your dresser in the same wood colour, or better yet a silver tone. This will add the height difference you need in the room to break up that "all one height look". Really cute room. Baby steps and you will be thrilled!
June 13, 2013 at 8:00pm     
Cat Rowe
I personally would not hang your photos. I like them, but i would limited them on your dresser to one. Then add a nice pewter tray to put your jewerly on at night. Will pick up your silver colors. But if you move your lamp over to the dresser, the use a cream ceramic tray. You want to mix your elements. Ie. wicker, metal, ceramic, fabric. A good mix is key
June 13, 2013 at 8:11pm   
Mohanraj S.Sekar
juchuan... OMG. Those pieces are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I especially love the greyish-white flower one. :D
June 14, 2013 at 3:01am   
Mohanraj S.Sekar
Oh, and if you think about it, how about some homely words on the wall. Perhaps a framed pic of a sunset with text like : "home is where the heart is" or 'the kitchen is the heart of the home'? It'll add an inviting, homely touch.
June 14, 2013 at 3:03am   
Elisa Contemporary Art
From an art perspective, for a bedroom, you need to think about the type of environment you want to create.

Is it peaceful and serene? If so you may want to consider abstracted landscapes in more muted colors. I've attached 2 recent paintings by Elisa Contemporary Art Artist, Sharon Gordon (and an installation shot)

Is it playful and energetic? If so, go for a brighter color palette. Here is a bold painting by Los Angeles artist, Kimber Berry.

I look for artwork that can take you into another space...allow you to be transported without every leaving the room!

Here are a few ideas to consider from Elisa Contemporary Art (www.ElisaContemporaryArt.com)
June 14, 2013 at 5:13am   
Cat Rowe
Art is very personal, for sure.......
June 14, 2013 at 8:11pm   
Cat Rowe
Cpm i just put a good picture for you in my ideabook called Bedrooms. It is a bedroom design by Sarah Richardson. Note no art. Let your bedding, furniture and decor speak for itself. Very calming for a bedroom.
June 14, 2013 at 8:38pm   
Need help decorating Console Table/Shelf Decor
My husband built this lovely table out of wood and...
Need help finding metal decorative objects for shelf decoration
I would like to find the metal decorative items in...
Help needed! help decorating newly painted living room.
1968 ranch remodel....needs ideas for the living room...
Which wood floor should I choose?
We are painting our den paneling Bleeker Beige by Ben...
Tile backsplash + Granite countertop --please look!
Is my mother of pearl tile backsplash too busy with...
Kitchen Design for a family of four
I have to design a kitchen that shows function, mood...
Need to update my living room
When we moved into our house 13 years ago, I had a...