Decorating help!
cpmcneillJune 13, 2013
Just moved. Lots of space in the but not sure what to add. Maybe a big armchair in the corner? And need help with wall decorating!
Nancy Hehmann
Look on Etsy.com for unique wall art or photography. Just input what you like in their search engine. A chair would always be nice if you have room. I cannot tell from the pictures. But you are off to a great start!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 7:10PM
Drapery instead of vertical blinds for a major finishing touch. How about a nice colorful or patterned area rug pulled part way under the bed? Remove the clutter from the dresser and hang a great piece of art or a mirror. What's the lighting? Could you use a stunning chandelier. You need to spread the color from the pillows around the room. f you could nudge the furniture away from the large window you might squeeze in a chaise. Maybe a paint treatment and some art would enhance the room.

4 Likes    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 7:30PM
lucyb1rd
I agree! Hang your photography on the wall and get some nice drapes get a big mirror and a goner chair. Spread the colour around more.
    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 7:39PM
Cat Rowe
Here is what I would do. Add round metal and glass side table to the other side of the bed. I believe Pottery Barn carries a nice one. Buy a pair of matching lamps for the two side tables. Move existing table lamp to the dresser. Remove blinds. New drapes on bronze rod and rings that can be pulled closed at night. The drapes should be a print the combines the colors on your bed. Check Pottery Barn, or Calico Corners. I order fabric and have my upholstery shop make the right size panels. Comes out perfect every time. Now add a chair or chaise. Whichever you perfer. Again, check Pottery Barn. Another great idea is to find a vintage chair or chaise at an antique mall or thrift store, or parents attic and have it reupholstered. A dark leopard print would be fun in your room. I would add a mirror over your dresser in the same wood colour, or better yet a silver tone. This will add the height difference you need in the room to break up that "all one height look". Really cute room. Baby steps and you will be thrilled!
1 Like    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 8:00PM
Cat Rowe
I personally would not hang your photos. I like them, but i would limited them on your dresser to one. Then add a nice pewter tray to put your jewerly on at night. Will pick up your silver colors. But if you move your lamp over to the dresser, the use a cream ceramic tray. You want to mix your elements. Ie. wicker, metal, ceramic, fabric. A good mix is key
    Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 8:11PM
Mohanraj S.Sekar
juchuan... OMG. Those pieces are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I especially love the greyish-white flower one. :D
    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 3:01AM
Mohanraj S.Sekar
Oh, and if you think about it, how about some homely words on the wall. Perhaps a framed pic of a sunset with text like : "home is where the heart is" or 'the kitchen is the heart of the home'? It'll add an inviting, homely touch.
    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 3:03AM
Elisa Contemporary Art
From an art perspective, for a bedroom, you need to think about the type of environment you want to create.

Is it peaceful and serene? If so you may want to consider abstracted landscapes in more muted colors. I've attached 2 recent paintings by Elisa Contemporary Art Artist, Sharon Gordon (and an installation shot)

Is it playful and energetic? If so, go for a brighter color palette. Here is a bold painting by Los Angeles artist, Kimber Berry.

I look for artwork that can take you into another space...allow you to be transported without every leaving the room!

Here are a few ideas to consider from Elisa Contemporary Art (www.ElisaContemporaryArt.com)
    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 5:13AM
Cat Rowe
Art is very personal, for sure.......
    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 8:11PM
Cat Rowe
Cpm i just put a good picture for you in my ideabook called Bedrooms. It is a bedroom design by Sarah Richardson. Note no art. Let your bedding, furniture and decor speak for itself. Very calming for a bedroom.
    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 8:38PM
Dining Room Decor Help
The dining has pretty high ceilings and walls. I'm...
bstwins2002
Bedroom furniture and decor help
We moved in about 2 years ago and have yet to do anything...
kirstenbree
Decorating help in living room.
Please give me your ideas!!! All I see is a boring...
Colleen
Long Living room decorating help needed
Hello Please help with this long and awkward living...
eljani
Living room decorating help!!!!
I am moving into my first own apartment. The living...
Megan McNeil
Rachel Karaa
Idea please
Big space
alaahq
Need Help for my Living room
I bought ashley platinum sofa set consist of 3+2+2...
pity30002000
Great Room Lacks Some Style
I'd so appreciate some ideas to fit my Mediterranean/Transitional...
lamujerdegary
Strange Roof Feature - Ideas?
I'm tying to come up with an affordable improvement...
nataz