Master Bath Paint Color Dilemna
fundogs
We recently removed our fiberglass shower and installed a tile shower. The large tile is a shade of brushed nickel and the glass accent is http://www.stonepewteraccents.com/SPA_agate_soldier.html in Lucca Pearl. These colors worked best with the existing ceramic tile on the floor and tub surround. I added a decorative glass row to the bath surround to help blend it to the room. I'm now stumped with the paint color. I was leaning to a shade of blue/gray but I'm "design challenged."

The cabinets will remain white and I don't have money to extend to new vanities just yet. A glass door is in the future for the shower. Whatever color we use, I would like to take it up or down a shade or two for the master bedroom. The bathroom gets plenty of light and the master bedroom does not.

I want a peaceful Zen feel to the bath. Pictured is the garden tub with the new glass accent. Vanities and sinks are to the left and right of the tub. Second photo is what one of the vanities look like. You will see a small toilet closet to the right. Third photo is the glass accent with the existing tile from the floor and tub surround. Finally is my wonderful new shower.

I love these discussions. This is my first time posting and I welcome and greatly appreciate your thoughts
cljakl
I'm not a designer, but there was recently an idea book here on about using grey in the bathroom. Based on what I see from the pictures, you might want to check out the idea book, because I think grey might work for you. Love the windows!
June 14, 2013 at 7:26am   
skintypeunique
If you can remove the glass blocks and put up a window also put up decor
June 14, 2013 at 7:33am   
fundogs
Thank you for your comments. I saw the idea book on grey but I wasn't sure if it would look too boring.
June 14, 2013 at 4:19pm   
Gray is not boring. It's very popular now. And will. Go with anything. Or any style.
June 14, 2013 at 4:42pm     
fundogs
Sorry for the confusion. I know grey is not boring. I'm curious to know if grey walls in combination with grey shower with bluish grey floor tile equals too much grey. Do I need more contrast?
June 14, 2013 at 9:30pm   
Curb Appeal Renovations
Hi there. I think that you should go with your gut in the end. Take a look at my photos and let me know if I can answer any questions for you. Thank you.
June 14, 2013 at 9:44pm     
Hi fundogs, I have always been a fan of grey (technically it is not a colour but I feel it helps to put colours in focus) - if you choose a grey that is not too cold, you can create more visual space by going monochrome with greys... You can add your contrast in towels and accessories. If you want to be daring - and you say you have a lot of light - you could go for a the darkest grey you can which will add some tonal drama to the scene
June 14, 2013 at 9:47pm     
New House Practically Blank Slate
Just moved into new house--open concept living, dining,...
New kitchen, but just not working.
Hi all. Here is my dilemma. We built this house...
Window in Shower.
I am working on a remodel that we are fixing and selling,...
4 inch granite backsplash or tile?
We are getting out house ready to sell. We have decided...
Does anyone know what the name of this stone is?
I love this façade, but don't know who makes it or...