Updating mirrors and lighting in master bathroom
marymushinskiJune 14, 2013
We have a long span of mirrors in our bathroom; in somewhat of a u shape. We want to replace these mirrors because they are 20 years old and starting to get ugly on the edges. Ideally, we want to replace the bar lighting at the top and replace with some can lights and sconces mounted on the mirrors above each sink. There are five mirrors all joined together. I don't believe I can replace with 5 framed mirrors; I think that would create a busy look. Should I replace with beveled edge mirrors, all joined together as they are now, with sconces above each sink. Or, can I put up "individual" mirrors, with beveled edges, at least three inches narrower than what they are now. Or, another or, do I even need to replace the mirrors that are at the end on each side. In other words, just keeping mirrors above sinks and the long one in the middle. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I hope the pics come out.
Curb Appeal Renovations
Take a look at some of my photos and I am sure you can find something in there that you just love. Please let me know what I can help you with. Thank you.
    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 9:22PM
I am a huge fan of wall mirrors, but even I feel this is dated. First of all, ask yourself where should the functional mirrors be placed: dressing table, and brushing teeth perhaps? Next, what is reflected in the mirrors that is of interest - if one of the mirrors is reflecting a beautiful view outside perhaps consider adding a mirror there.

In your case, I would forgo the mirror to the far left, add tall oval mirror over the sink, then add a large horizontal mirror over the dressing area, another oval and then fill in the other two with large prints (such as an Audobon)
Hope that helps.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 9:51PM
marymushinski
Thank you both so much for responding. So, ASV, are you saying forego both mirrors on the ends, even the one on the far right? I'm thinking I shouldn't frame the mirrors because if I put up art work on each end, then that would be too much framing. Would it be weird if I kept the mirror on the far right end and just got rid of the one on the far left? The entrance to the bathroom is right where the mirror on the far right is.
    Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 7:28AM
indianpatti
Eliminate the mirror on the left ... go with round or oval in the middle ... large rectangle over vanity area.

Also, the vanity area could have a different light bar ...
    Bookmark   June 15, 2013 at 7:37AM
need ideas to update this exteme angled master bath
7x14 master bath in 1929 tudor.....want to update maybe...
samuel57
Need to update master bathroom!
Any suggestions! Getting new vanity with granite top,...
debbiet55555
Need help updating, remodeling, and making better use of the master bath...
As you can see, this bathroom is about the size of...
LeAnna
Updating Master Bath - Need help and suggestions
I'm updating the master bath. Planning on changing...
aries61
Need help updating small master bathroom
Want to update the vanity. Color ideas? This is a...
Lisa Resseguie
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
Great Room Lacks Some Style
I'd so appreciate some ideas to fit my Mediterranean/Transitional...
lamujerdegary
Working corner
Is this corner too cluttered? This needs to be working...
Tia Mia
prep sinks
Planning a kitchen remodel and we're going to put a...
stosh55
need help picking a color
I have gray base boards and door molding, which I like....
lsdomanico