Need help for my living room
Volkan Çelik
Hey there! I need some changes in my living room. ( change furniture places or add some decorative items) waiting for ur suggestions☺
JWinteriors
So many architectural details that are lost with all of the white paint...including the molding on ceiling. I would pick a color strip, say in a gray, and treat different areas in variations of that color, leaving the woodwork white. Your layout is nice...now you need art, accessories and personality.
June 16, 2013 at 11:09am     
Volkan Çelik
Any other ideas??
June 19, 2013 at 8:31am   
I'd add a large piece of art over the buffet. You have no lighting in that area, unless that tripod is a lamp. You could add a track light over the dining table and direct one of the lights at the artwork. Your room needs some color and artwork will help introduce it, and then the colors can be repeated elsewhere in the room. The alternating pillows on the sofas bother me. I would eliminated one of the colors and substitute pillows of other colors and sizes.

The picture over the mantel is hung way too high. Please lower it to 4 to 6" above the mantel. I would remove the rug from under the table as it is not big enough for the area and must be a nuisance to clean and to move chairs in and out.

Stationary drapery panels on each side of the window would be a nice addition. Don't worry about the rod as it will be hidden in the space so nicely provided for it behind the moulding.
June 19, 2013 at 8:48am     
isa031
I like the layout but i would definitaly put some design turquoise wallpaper in the square of the wall (see image attach) in the living room area and some colored turquoise accents for decoration. I would take off the monkey picture, add some turquoise drapery on the windows and putt a large miroir on the wall beside the fireplace.
June 19, 2013 at 8:48am     
kculp102
I agree JW paint the room. In it's current state it feels too sedated. You also need some window treatments. BTW love your chimp w/headphones artwork :)
June 19, 2013 at 9:09am     
Switch the two spaces and "L" the sofas in front of the FP, using floor and table lamps to light that darker end of the space. TV and credenza would go where the buffet is now. Then move the dining table to the other end and use the ceiling electric to install a chandelier 30" above it. Agree with stationary drapery panels and an interesting paint treatment that contrasts the various "blocks" of trim built into your space. Add large colorful area rugs and be sure the one for the dining area is 4 feet wider and longer than the table.Hang the monkey 6" above the buffet and get a larger and more impressively framed piece to hang 4" above the mantel. Eliminate all the other FP decor and let paint and the single piece of art make the FP your focal point. It is too jumbled looking now.
June 19, 2013 at 9:29am     
blrussell
I agree that that the two areas needs to be switched..an L shape and square side table sounds right...play with it until you like the lay out. A darker paint color...doesn't have to be a dramatic change, but would show off the arch. details. Larger art.
June 19, 2013 at 10:09am     
Volkan Çelik
Thank u for all comments! Especially many thanks to decoenthusiast! It was really helpfull sugestions. Waiting for similars :)
June 19, 2013 at 10:09am   
Please post your results here using the Attach Images button! Glad to help!
June 19, 2013 at 12:38pm     
Volkan Çelik
What about to put TV and Credenza where the monkey art is now and put the "L" sofa in front of that?? How can i develop this idea?
June 20, 2013 at 5:06am   
It would work, but I don't like it as well as having the living room at the fireplace.
June 20, 2013 at 7:07am     
Dream Bathroom
If you could have any bathroom you want, what would...
Builder shower dilemma!
We are purchasing a spec home that was already in progress....
Family room decorating
Looking for advice in picking console table for this...
Wanting WoW Factor Foyer
We are looking to replace the foyer light with something...
Squeaky floor fixes?
Do you have any squeaky boards in your floor? Have...