Drape dilemma
annarziegler
June 17, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Trying to figure out what to do about window treatments for our living room. Currently there is a small love seat and 2 Lee chairs that I purchased earlier this year. The chairs are SO comfortable, but I'm stumped as to what fabric to do the windows in that won't fight with the chairs. I'm thinking panels for the window facing the street and roman shades on either side of fireplace. I want to introduce some color, but don't know if I should do it through another avenue, i.e. a tufted ottoman, a rug, art, etc. I'm going for a transitional/eclectic look. Also looking to replace the light fixture and add side tables if there are any suggestions. Any ideas appreciated! Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Sensibly Chic Designs for Life
I would do a solid color drapery with perhaps a wide band of contrasting collor from the window sill down. It would probably be best to stick with an earthy palette due to the other pieces in the room. Terracotta would be attractive because it would accent the color from your trunk. If you are going to replace the trunk with an upholstered ottoman I would tie that fabric in with the drapery fabric. Good luck!
June 17, 2013 at 7:58am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
linkss
I would go also for a solid colour, personally I'd go for a deep navy, or a lighter rich cream colour (but I know you said you want to add in some colour). I think the easiest way to add in colour here would be through drapery as you don't want too much clashing or taking away from your lovely chairs! A mint green colour for curtains could also be nice but then you'd also still be staying in the same colour hue.
June 17, 2013 at 8:26am