Which backsplash tile for kitchen
kb1922
We recently replaced our kitchen countertops with granite. They white you see is the paint behind our old corian backsplash. Trying to decide on a backsplash color and paint color. Think subway style works best. Any thoughts???Thanks!
I would pick a the whitest tile possible to give some contrast with all the beige and brown that is happening already.
June 17, 2013 at 12:30PM     
CHICAGO MOSAICS
You need to add some contrast and life to your back splash...try adding some color.
June 17, 2013 at 12:34PM     
Stanton Designs-online design services
I agree with the comments above. You could add some decorative tiles in the mix if you are set on the beige.
June 17, 2013 at 2:36PM   
Warren Mullins
I agree with the brown as your backsplash just to add some life to your kitchen.
June 17, 2013 at 2:38PM   
kb1922
I know it is playing it safe with the beige/ivory colors but I am worried that the granite is busy and adding a busy backsplash would complicate thngs. Does anyone have any specific suggestions? I have a lot of outlets on every wall with a window over the sink as well. So it is pretty choppy. I am open!
June 17, 2013 at 2:50PM   
Floor to ceiling
Is that tropic brown granite? I would do a row of 6x6 striaght then diag the next 3 pop a 4x4 glass pc straight every once ina while this add splash of color but wont over do with the out lets. daltile does a very nice crack glass look in 4x4. we just did a home this way and it looks great. good luck.
June 17, 2013 at 2:54PM   
kb1922
thanks so much for all of your inputs. the granite is new venetian gold.
June 17, 2013 at 3:25PM   
Suzanne Kosic
White would be too stark for all the colors in Venetian gold, and your brown cabinets. I like the idea of the person who left you the picture. It will go great with the VG. I have just installed Saint Cecelia Gold which is similar to you VG and plan to use those colors mentioned above (picture) but in subway tile. Good luck!
June 17, 2013 at 3:35PM   
Suzanne Kosic
One more thing....I don't care for the glass, so I am putting a decorative 6 x 6 instead using colors I intend to use around the kitchen.
June 17, 2013 at 3:38PM   
Precision Stone Marble & Granite
I agree with the first comment. I would go with a simple ceramic white 3" x 6" to contrast the counter tops. You also have the option of using the granite that was cut for the kitchen as a back splash, they can simply cut rips to the cover the missing paint.

If you wanted to go natural stone would would recommend either a tumbled marble or a durango travertine.

Good luck
June 17, 2013 at 4:26PM   
What to do about these chairs....
I would like to get rid of the leather bar stools at...
Curb appeal help!
We just bought this 1973 brick ranch and I don't know...
Need help! Man trying to design interior = bad idea.
Looking for some help with designing my living room/dining...
Thoughts on the new Bosch Benchmark appliances
We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen and...