Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bubblyjock

Dawn - some questions for you!

bubblyjock
10 years ago
I've been looking at your kitchen sinks here on Houzz, and it seems to me you're incorporating a lot of excellent ideas!
Anyway, all the accessories for this sink - are they removable and interchangeable, so you can have none, one, two, or three at once?
Thanks!
Kitchen Sinks · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    DAWN
    10 years ago
    Thank you for your interest in Dawn products bubblyjock! Our accessories are removable and interchangeable. They can be removed easily from your sink and you do not have to have all the accessories either. Many of our customers select only the items they use the most. The secret is that this sink was manufactures with a lip on the inside edge so that the accessories like the cutting board can rest on the inside and create more working space in the kitchen. You can have one, two or more accessory items at once or you can choose to use none. It all depends vastly on your needs and wants. I hope this answers your questions, but if you should have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience, your trained customer service professionals would love to answers your questions.
  • bubblyjock
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Dawn - thanks for getting back to me so promptly, and with such a comprehensive answer! This really is a brilliant sink. I've been looking at sinks for ages, and there's always been a couple of deal-breakers, usually more.

We're putting in a one-wall eat-in kitchen in an old farmhouse - very functional, but the cook and cleaner-upper (me!) is very "exposed" to the guests in a one-wall kitchen, so I wanted one big sink that could do everything AND keep the mess hidden, all at once: it has to be deep enough to soak or hide all manner of dirty dishes and pots, as well as somewhere to drip-dry them, and I also wanted to be able to wash veg and rinse pasta in it. All of which seemed a far-fetched pipe dream!

I like the soft-shaped interior of porcelain sinks, but they're perennially unforgiving with glassware, and they're also susceptible to damage from heavy pans (I use Le Creuset and other cast iron pots). Most larger stainless sinks have hard corners, which I figure would be harder to keep clean.

But....I think I've found my perfect sink with this one (do I sound like an ad for you, lol)!

Next question - are your sinks available in Canada (near Ottawa, Ontario)?
  • PRO
    DAWN
    10 years ago
    Just checked the stock of our Canada distributors and they do not have that particular model. Your best option would be to order this online through one of our dealers.
    You can view our online dealers by following this link, http://www.dawnusa.net/dealer-100106/Online. All of which have drop ship programs where they sink could be shipped directly to your home or job site.

If your looking to cover up the sink when you have guests, I think it would be useful to get two cutting boards. It would lengthen your work surface as well in the process. To dry your dishes the SRU311710, the sink in the picture, we have a roll away drain mat that also can rest on the sink rim inside. To rinse your veggies there is a colander. Lastly, the grid for the bottom on the sink is a valued feature. It helps protect the sink from scratches from heavy pots and skillets, we wouldn't recommend it if wasn't a valued product.

We hope we can make your kitchen into your Dream Kitchen. You sound so excited to finally see what you wanted. We would appreciate a comment on our Facebook or here on Houzz regarding our services and your experience. It was a pleasure speaking with you. We hope to hear from you soon!

To access our Facebook page follow this link, https://www.facebook.com/DawnKitchenBath?ref=hl
    bubblyjock thanked DAWN
  • PRO
    DirectSinks
    9 years ago
    Hi Bubblyjock! We are Dawn's stocking distributor in New York. This sink, SRU311710 and all of it's components can be seen here: http://bit.ly/1nEsQDX

You can give us a call or shoot us an email if you'd like to place your order and have it shipped to Canada. Right now, our website does not allow you to ship outside of the US, but we can absolutely help you over the phone/ through email.

Let us know if you have any questions about the manufacturer, or their products! Many of us here live with the product in our own homes! :)

Best of Luck!