What type of contractor(s) do I need?
Henry Chen
My family is doing a remodel/addition of our 1950's single-level, ranch-style home in Temple City, CA. Existing specs: 2 bed, 1 bath, den, 1487 sf, detached garage in the rear, large front and back yard. The project: take out existing 250 sf family room (no crawl space), add new family room, new master suite, another bedroom with own bath, powder room, complete kitchen makeover that opens up to a new patio, total addition ~900 sf.

Aside from an architect, what other contractors and/or vendors would I need? General contractor? Remodeler? Should I be looking for a separate designer/vendor for the kitchen makeover? How about the outdoor elements (patio, landscaping, house exterior)... since those are typically not within an architect's scope, do I need yet another vendor?

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to everyone's input!
gronlund dare partnership
Your architect should be able to give you direction, taking into account your specific project and requirements. I would discuss this with him/her.
June 18, 2013 at 9:55am   
Agreed, start with an architect first, then as the project is more refined the architect would be able to suggest what other professionals need to be involved.
June 18, 2013 at 10:10am   
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...
Home sick in Louisiana
Everywhere I look I see brown / goldish stain. I love...
Stairway Trim
Looking for advice as to whether or not I should paint...
Bath mat/ toilet seat cover
Is putting a bath mat and toilet seat cover in a powder...