Is my Kitchen SIdeboard too wide.
hughes1231
June 18, 2013
have a sideboard that I love but I'm fearing it's a bit too wide. The width is 52 inches, and the space I have is 52inches but that includes the 3 inch wide wall trim. Is it wrong to place furniture in front of the wall trim? I attached a photo of the space where I want to put it. Thank you.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mark
It would bother me to place furniture over the trim because to me it does look like the piece is too big for that spot. What bothers me more is the outlet and light switch plates that are going to be right above the buffet. What did you plan to put over the buffet ? Sometimes we just have a piece of furniture that just isn't right for the spot and this may be one of those times.
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 12:34PM
txreynolds
How about placing the sideboard there & taking a photo so we can get a better idea of how it would look?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 12:43PM
andrewdesigninc
You have light switches and outlets right above, so it's going to be difficult to put anything above the buffet so that you can use the light switches. Your going to want to put something that is in proportion to the buffet like artwork, a grouping of artwork, a mirror etc. that will be hard to place with all that electrical outlets being in the way. Just curious why is there no trim on the other side? For me I'd would say it will look shoved in a spot. There should be some wall space on each side I feel because it is such a solid piece of furniture. If it were a console table I might think different. Just my thoughts anyway. Good luck
1 Like    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 1:15PM
PRO
CDR Design
Wow. I must be half asleep. I just realized the photo is posted sideways. It appears that you want to place the buffet in the midst of foot-traffic. If you can take a photo of the entire room, we can advise you of placement. Maybe you could move other items around.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 1:25PM
groveraxle
Maybe this will help:
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 18, 2013 at 2:05PM
PRO
Daniel Dionne Designs llc
Yes. It will be too big. Unqualified. Sorry. :-( A furniture piece never looks right when it fits like a puzzle piece, even in a niche. As requested by others, if you post more pics of the room, we can possibly help you find a better placement for your buffet.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 7:11AM