Metal Awning?
kstrayer
Good day everyone. I am looking to dress up the exterior of this house. Was contemplating an awning. Perhaps metal? If so, what colour? The house is grey. Also, can anyone recommend a good awning company that ships? Thank you for your input.
I think the house is lovely without an awning. Awnings, especially metal ones, tend to look outdated. So unless you desperately need it for protection from the sun, I would skip the awning. Maybe a small pergola over the garage? But personally I'd keep it with its current clean lines.
June 18, 2013 at 12:38pm     
Thomas Wakeman
hey Karen, I don't think you should start sticking anything on the house (shutters, pergola e.t.c.) it's nice and simple atm and probably would ruin the look, I think some landscaping, however, could accentuate the entrance and invite you toward it. Something fairly formal around the front door that dissolves out. I'm going to try some stuff out for you :)
June 18, 2013 at 12:49pm     
Thomas Wakeman
what you think?
June 18, 2013 at 1:32pm     
tennisanyone
I would add shutters to the window on the left and remove the tree that is blocking the entrance/front door. I would not add an awning. Just some nice landscaping.
June 18, 2013 at 1:41pm     
Timberlane Inc.
We agree with tennisanyone! Adding a shutter on that front window will really enhance the exterior of the home. At Timberlane we have a variety of shutters types and styles. Be sure to visit our profile to learn more and our website to request a free catalog www.timberlane.com
June 18, 2013 at 1:48pm     
suzanne_m
I agree with Thomas Wakeman, I prefer landscape to awning. In case you decide to add metal awning , I just would like to warn you that you will hear rain falling on it. Some like it, some don't.
June 18, 2013 at 1:52pm   
Thomas Wakeman
I tried adding a awning/pergola and shutters. See what you think. It's probably not needed really
June 18, 2013 at 2:00pm     
kstrayer
Great Ideas Tom....Those plants in front are just sitting there until we plant them. Looks like I'm nixing the awning...thanks everyone!!
June 18, 2013 at 2:10pm     
tennisanyone
I like Thomas Wakeman's mockup. I think the shutters make the window look bigger and I'm not a salesman for a shutter company. LOL
June 18, 2013 at 2:23pm     
Renovation Realty
Definitely Shutters! A dark grey/blue or white
June 18, 2013 at 2:24pm     
Help to decorate my console table
Please, I need help to decorate my console table, it...
Kitchen cabinets and countertop - needs some help!
Hi all! I just bought a townhouse and I am thinking...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
How do you keep your belongings safe?
Jewellery, watches, passport, a secret diary - how...
Need help in replacing my Pallidian window
Palladian windows are just now our style and since...