Stylish Potomac Kitchen Remodel
BOWA
June 18, 2013 in Before & After
Having spotted and fallen for a beautiful two and one-half acre property in Potomac, Maryland, the future homeowners were not as enamored with the challenges presented by the existing Georgian-style house. Not able to shake the feeling that this might just be a diamond in the rough, the couple turned to BOWA for a purchase consultation to help them assess the possibilities.

Among other things, the Potomac, MD homeowners decided it was necessary to remodel the outdated kitchen. Their dream was a sleek custom kitchen where every detail reflects thoughtful design. In order to give their kitchen a more modern feel, BOWA, the design build remodeler, replaced their existing kitchen adding a second island and all new appliances, cabinets, and fixtures. The details of this luxury kitchen remodel include a Wolf Pro 27” stainless steel deep wall ventilation hood, which added a sleek flair to their new Wolf Cooktop Range underneath. The perimeter cabinetry is horizontal-grain Rifted Oak with a Limed Oak finish. The center island cabinets provide contrast with vertical-grain Rosewood with a clear finish. New wall cabinets and shelves were fashioned using these alternating woods and other contemporary finishes and enclosing them with Cristiana “Amsterdam” clear slab doors. The white stone countertops along the outside and the black and gold stone countertop on the center island were selected to add interest and depth to the color palette.

Thanks to BOWA’s skilled team, the newly refinished and beautifully appointed space is now perfectly suited to the homeowner’s style and needs.
Christina Cavin
I just LOVE Potomac. The kitchen is an improvement on so many levels. I love the mix of wood grains and tones. The kitchen appears to be a conglomerate of "found" contemporary pieces rather than a cabinet shop order. It looks as if it has evolved over time...love it!
0 Likes   Thanked by BOWA    June 18, 2013 at 6:39PM
trusso66
Wow! Just beautiful! Love it!
0 Likes   Thanked by BOWA    April 7, 2014 at 7:56PM
sally78
So many, many differences going on…

I love modern and I love people who take risks, but I would have preferred not so many different finishes… Not so many startling statements...

Of course, it is still a great improvement over the "before." But, honestly, it seems non-harmonious to me.

: ( Sorry. Everyone has different taste and I'm not saying I'm right. Just my opinion.
1 Like   Thanked by BOWA    April 7, 2014 at 8:08PM
black sconces on potomac kitchen project?
Hi Emily! What a awesome design you have done! Wondering...
Stratton Design Group
Stylish Cabinets for Kitchen
My kitchen look like this after complete makeover....
Granite Creek Cabinetry
Home Designer issue
Hi, I could really use some advice on an issue with...
jk1127
Need help to change the furniture of this master bedroom
This is the bedroom and i want to change the cupboard...
anuradha1392
How can I improve this kitchen nook?
Ok design enthusiasts, what would you do with this...
kimberlysc
Our plans, any suggestions?
We worked with a builder and came up with these plans....
a145263
Wood Floor Choice!!!! Down to 3 Options...HELP
I have narrowed it down to 3 flooring options...feel...
mark617