Paint
sharmas
Recently painted our front exterior door in benjamin Moore "tawny rose" (exterior latex paint of course) we also painted the plastic trim around the glass of the door in different colour. when we removed the green tape from around the glass trim of the door the paint starts to peel off from the plastic trim. What did I do wrong? 1) did I remove the tape before the paint was not completely dry or 2) I was suppose to use special paint for the plastic trim ? Thanks
Rockin' Fine Finish
Primer out of a rattle can would of helped but scoring the tape with a utility knife before pulling it off is a must with latex paint
June 18, 2013 at 8:02pm     
CDH Designs
Paint doesn't like to stick to those plastic surfaces very well, which is why it's peeling off. It would have happened over time on it's own,but the tape is just making it happen sooner. To try it again, I would recommend you sand the plastic, use a primer (like SW's bonding primer), and then paint it again.
June 18, 2013 at 8:08pm     
Linda
Krylon makes a special primer for plastics. That company also makes some paint specifically designed for plastic products
June 18, 2013 at 8:52pm     
sharmas
Appreciated this useful advise. Thank you !!!!!!!
June 19, 2013 at 3:57am   
Should we do it??
Now hear me out - I'm not a fan of garage conversions...
Entry table or not?
Would it be better to add a narrow console in this...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...
Need help decorating bedroom
Uneven ceiling is feature of the room but we are not...
Would you go for a striped wall?
Feature walls are big news, but what if you want to...