Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
Is this a dry stack or are the joints grouted?
If dry stack was used, it is not practical as this is not appropriate for a wet zone area. Water can seep in and cause mould and mildew. Hopefully, it isn't as it is absolutely gorgeous.
Master Bathroom · More Info

Comments (10)

• bella_frank
    12 years ago
    I have the same question... dying to know what we can use in our shower for the same look.
  • Adam Fowler
    11 years ago
    where can I get these? and do you still have to grout?
  • Manoj Susvirkar
    10 years ago
    are the wall claddding in pieces or in tile
  • PRO
    Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Actually regarding aussieinseatlle's comment on Leonardo Shape 30X11 mosaic - I use it extensively in my designs - it is an amazing series of tiles, but it does not have varying heights.
  • Dino Bortoli
    10 years ago
    It could go either way... Depending on the waterproofing method before stone was installed.....
  • PRO
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    huh? the mosaic is on a mesh sheet - you have no control over the depths, it is what it is - here's the link to the product http://www.tierrasol.ca/inventoryD.asp?item_no=FULNSHCEMSIDE
  • aussieinseattle
    10 years ago
    @Marie - yes it is on a mesh sheet - when I contacted the designer, they said they "modified" it to get the 3d look (modifying the depth). I can only assume they pulled some of the tiles off the mesh sheet and packed more thinset in behind those ones to make them stick out further for the 3d look?
  • Sherri Bloomer
    10 years ago
    This is an unglazed tile -will it need to be sealed for a 'wet' wall application? Is there a longer lasting solution to the sealants that are refreshed yearly?
  • PRO
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Yes aussieinseattle, you could modify the depth by pain stakingly removing the odd tile off the mosaic and building up the back of it - or stacking tile on top of tile to get the 3D affect. Gorgeous end result, painful in labour charges to do it, because every build up area has to be tiled twice!

Sherri, it is a porcelain tile, you will need to seal the grout - but the tile above from Leonardo Shape is approved for use in wet zones.
    NOTE: Leonardo Shape has been discontinued for production. They have alternates, but this line has been retired.