Paint the wall or buy new bedding?
hotdrysunny
June 19, 2013 in Polls
I can't decide whether I should paint this terra cotta wall or get rid of my bedding. ALL my quilts and sheets are in cool blues, grays, greens and lavenders. We just moved into this house that has lots of different wall colors including this wall. If you can tell from the photos, the other walls are a cool taupe color. I'm still working on a theme for the whole house but right now it's Southwestern/eclectic based on the pile of stuff we've accumulated over the years. No other wall in this house is this color. If you have brilliant suggestions for paint color or bedding, please include them in the comments!

And I've already mentioned this in another post, but I do not want any geometric or "authentic" Native American patterns as part of my decor. So no bedding suggestions that have the ubiquitous "Southwestern" red, orange, blue, black theme in jagged stripes with kachina heads at regular intervals. Please. :-)
Paint the wall
Buy new bedding
KCR Interiors LLC
I like the wall colors. You need a headboard and some great new bedding to make a focal point. Eastern Accents has great choices for bedding and upholstered headboard. You need nightstands the same height and color, but not necessarily two the same. An upholstered bench at the end of the bed would be nice too.
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 6:47AM
bluenan
Since you didn't choose this color don't work around someone else's taste. I don't find that color pleasing or relaxing and it doesn't sound like you're sold on it either. I like the soft taupe on the opposite walls. Change out the red pillow cases to white.
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 7:05AM
I don't mind the color but not for a bedroom so much. Since you have grays, greens, blues, and lavenders for bedding, I would paint the wall Navy blue, a dark dramatic backdrop that would also work with the taupe. I would add a big white tufted head board.
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 7:17AM
hotdrysunny
Definitely need a bench at the end of the bed and I LIKE the idea of a blue wall. . . .I never thought of that. Although I'm scared of a white headboard - maybe a big wood one would be better for my less-than-spotless house and lifestyle :-)
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 8:46AM
hotdrysunny
What about this blue?

Contemporary Bedroom
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 8:57AM
No photo came through.
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 8:58AM
hotdrysunny
poo. I tried to attach a link from a Houzz article about blues. Contemporary Bedroom
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:01AM
kculp102
Paint the wall
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:02AM
hotdrysunny
sheesh, this is not working. Here's the link to the article. The blue dresser is the 8th photo down. Sorry about that!

1 Like   June 19, 2013 at 9:02AM
Go to the browse rooms and type in Navy blue paint in bedrooms...many cool ones especially the one with the white head board ;)
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:03AM
Get off the computer and go get the paint!!
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:04AM
hotdrysunny
No kidding, right?! I know what I'm doing on my lunch hour now!!
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:05AM
Environments by Design
I like the warm color of the paint. The textured look gives the room another dimension. I noticed the blue & turquoise towels on the rack in the bathroom. Try bedding in the warm blue hues and brighten up the space with complimentary colors. Adding other turquoise accessories in the room will help tie the two room together too!
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:12AM
hotdrysunny
Unconsciously, I have been buying my linens in blues or within blue families for years now. I looked in my closet today and noticed for the first time that most of my tops are in shades of blue. I can't fight the blue!

So I can either add some darker blue bedding pieces that will go with the rust wall, or give up completely and paint the wall a deep blue that will go with the other walls (which, again, are a soft taupe with very slight green undertones - I feel like the rust doesn't really go with the taupe - it's as if it got painted as a last-minute attempt to glam up the place before it got put on the market)
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:21AM
Environments by Design
Go with your intincts. You can add color throughout the room in many ways...throw pillows, bench cushion, even have fun with the dog bed.
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:32AM
hotdrysunny
What a glamorous dog bed! We're definitely getting new dog decor after we finish potty-training the newest member of the pack. He's still piddling everywhere so I'm not buying anything soft to put on the floor just yet!
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:36AM
o2girl2456
Paint. Look at Benjamin Moore colors:)
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:49AM
hotdrysunny
after Margo's suggestion, I did and found this http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/vandeusenblue
color that I think will work with my taupe walls. I'm more excited about using a blue now :-)

The previous owners didn't leave any half-empty paint cans in the garage so I'm having to try and figure out what the old colors are - and isn't THAT fun!!!
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 9:53AM
michigammemom
I rather like the current paint color with your earthy tile floors. Similarly earthy toned bedding like the Atlas duvet from West Elm would be beautiful and dramatic.
1 Like   June 19, 2013 at 9:56AM
hotdrysunny
I don't mind the warm tone, but I positively, absolutely cannot have geometric lines on my bedding or in my decor (see my design dilemma: "What to do with this bedroom" for my mini-rant about that. Perhaps I got a little carried away. . . ) . And that color would probably be a nice contrast with the blue bedding pieces I already have.
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 10:04AM
libunium
Paint is cheaper than new bedding and you like blue.
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 10:16AM
michigammemom
Oops, hotdrysunny I did not read far enough down on your post to pick up on your aversion to geometrics. How about something like this Kalamakari bedding collection from Pottery Barn?
1 Like   June 19, 2013 at 10:16AM
hotdrysunny
Oh now I really like that! Good call!!
0 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 10:43AM
Would it be a shame to paint my old piano?
The 1st picture is my old piano in my living room....
benani1
bed
this is d attached bed kind of which i liked towards...
aaliya2122
Need Help matching this Goldenrod sofa
I purchased this new set, The picture is going it does...
Debra Zarkivach
kitchen dilemma
with three wood colors, I'm at a loss with how to update...
bethclapper
Cabinets were delivered and we don't like how they look
Our cabinets were delivered and we are not happy with...
kacykam