Entry way West Elm

Amir KhanJune 19, 2013
Hey everyone!

So the West Elm sale started and I've saved up for some items I wanted. I definitely picking up the parsons desk for my office, but in addition, I figured I'd grab something for my entry way, its very barren at the moment. Let me know which one of these items would you get for the entry way! I can't decide.

I also considering the John Vogel bench, because its just cool.

I've attached images of the Parsons and Terra console tables. Let me know your thoughts.
liza11995533
Definitely the Parsons table. Clean elegant lines made to support vignettes of all sorts.
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 7:38AM
I'd like to see more of the room because it looks to me like you could use a better furniture arrangement before you start adding pieces. From what I can see of the way your entry just plops you into the room, I'd be inclined to move that tan leather sofa (is it even a sofa, or a chair?) perpendicular to the window so it divides the entry from the living room. Looks like the wall to the right of the stair is a good place for a console table and art. More pictures, please.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 7:43AM
Amir Khan
Thanks for the quick replies! Here are the rest of the pictures of the room...still under construction.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 8:21AM
Aha, just as I thought. ;-) Love those tan chairs and Mongolian lamb pillows, BTW. What if you swung the whole furniture arrangement 90 degrees counterclockwise, so the sofa faced the windows and its back were to your right as you entered the front door? Put a tall sofa table behind it and you've created a proper entry.

Then put a console with art above on the wall to the right of the stair.
3 Likes    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 10:02AM
liza11995533
Groveraxle and Amir: Great great idea 're couch etc. @90°!! That make the entry into a foyer! Only...does back of couch cut off welcoming feeling?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 10:35AM
Amir Khan
@Groveraxle, Thank you! Its been tough slowly picking items out...still waiting for the perfect coffee table...lol I tried that option when I first set things up, the sofa was to wide, it becomes a bit snug to walk around and As liza11995533 mentioned, family thought it wasn't welcoming and cut the flow of traffic a bit.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 6:50PM
Hey, Amir. You've got great taste and I think you could use a bench--I'd try it under the window to the left of the door--but that JOhn Vogel bench looks uncomfortable. The seating portion seems to be actually lower than the frame; it makes me wince. However, West Elm still has my favorite bench ever, it's on sale, and I would buy it in an instant if I had any more room in my tiny house. It's ethnic, but I think it would go well in your space.

http://www.westelm.com/products/kuba-crescent-bench-patchwork-g644/?pkey=cbenches&

Your current coffee table looks fine with your furniture, but I'm glad to read your waiting for the perfect one. I love when people have a vision and are patient about making it happen instead of running out and buying the first thing they see.

OK, now you've made ME think about how I can use this bench. I need to replace my dining chairs; maybe this bench instead. Hmmmm.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:00AM
A Crew of Two
I like the table on the right....it seems like you could use it for other purposes besides a place to set things. Having a party? Great for setting up cocktails.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:45AM
Heidi Hunt_Kagarakis
The bench is wonderful at a dining table for extra or primary seating. And as a coffee table.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:50AM
I've bought you the parsons console, hung some art, and removed your floor lamp, added the kuba bench and an ethnic artifact in your entry. Don't worry: if you don't like it, I can change it back with the click of a mouse.
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 6:56AM
Amir, I am seriously remorseful about stealing your lamp, so I've replaced it with a tree. It's a little large, but you can always prune it.
3 Likes    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:07AM
neighweigh
Groveraxle, what program do you use here for all your stealing & replacing?? I've seen you in action before!
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:34AM
Amir Khan
AH your amazing Groveraxle! Love the mock ups,. What type of plant is that? looks like a fig tree. I need more plants in my house. I'm going to swing by and check out the bench on my lunch break, its on sale, on top of the additional 20%!

Also agree that the John Vogel bench doesn't look comfortable, I only liked it because of the looks—my house is sadly empty. I recently just got married and want to furnish a bit before my wife moves in.

Another question, I have a fan with lights rights when you enter—Im confused why there is a fan there? shouldn't it just be a light.

Thinking of getting an entry way light and throwing a large cow hide rug into the entry way. crazy talk? maybe...lol
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:51AM
Prince Todd
Amir-buy the bench!
Grover-you made me lol!
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 8:57AM
@neighweigh, I use Photoshop Elements for all my thievery.

Amir, I love the idea of a cowhide at the entry. And if you don't need the fan at the entry, exchange it for a light. Congratulations on your marriage. I hope she's on board with you doing all the decorating. I'll vouch for your impeccable taste.

The plant is a ficus lyrata. Anything tall there would do.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 12:01PM
ellymays
i had never heard of West Elm, just looked them up and pretty cool stuff, thank you! will have to check it out for my new place :-)
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 12:07PM
Heidi Hunt_Kagarakis
any suggestions where to get a well priced cowhide. Want one for under the dining table. Easy to clean.
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 12:11PM
Amir Khan
@Heidi Hunt, On Emily Henderson's blog, she recommends one from IKEA, $200: http://stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/bright-and-airy-family-room-makeover/
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 12:32PM
I need help in choosing an exterior paint color for my West Coast style home.
I need to repaint my West Coast style home and cannot...
Nancy
Need Entry Table
Love this table from west elm but it's a tiny bit too...
arose3712
help with my entry way
I have been struggling with what to put in this entry...
wenwha
someone plzz help me with amish table/west elm chairs combo
we are a family of 3 , with a 2 year old, and about...
asr9
Whats the best way to arange furniture and TV in this room?
Here are some pictures before and after remodeling....
A W
Flip exterior colors
Flipping this strange house with no front windows....
beable
Need advice on paint color
I have been looking at pictures of homes on the water...
herberger
Great Dane vs. New Sofa
So my husband and I are in the market for a new chaise...
kelspena
Please help me with my small family room!
Hello! My fiancé and I moved into our first home last...
mrs_elle
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
wickedwhite