Painting ceiling.
shneha16
June 19, 2013 in Photo Questions
I like the look of this room with the ceiling painted. How do you select which rooms to paint ceilings and with doing so, does it make the room feel larger or smaller? Also should you go for darker color on the ceiling compared to the wall? - thanks in advance!
Redbud Custom Homes
I LOVE painting ceilings darker than walls ... this room actually has the same color on the ceiling as the walls. I think when you do this, again just in my opinion, you need some type of trim to define the wall to ceiling. The reason for this is because the vertical to horizontal seam is usually not perfect and a little bit of trim will help create a clean line. Remember, that trim does NOT have to be crown moulding, in fact we do very little crown moulding on our mostly contemporary projects, it could be just a simple 2" flat trim.

Good luck and don't be scared ... anyone that tells you that dark ceilings make the room smaller don't understand how light works :)
June 24, 2013 at 7:52pm     
shneha16
We do have crown molding. Thanks, this was very helpful!
June 26, 2013 at 11:48am   
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
Hue suggestion?
When we choose our stone we thought we'd do our hardy...
Red brick ranch update help needed please!
I am *not* good at design stuff, so I would love some...
Refurbish Old Wicker Loveseat
Okay, yesterday I found and purchased an old wicker...