Need ideas for outdoor courtyard please!

gredeaJune 19, 2013
We have a courtyard off our kitchen/great room (French doors open onto it). Right now we have nothing there, but I'd like to add maybe a wall fountain and a white trellis (not too dense because I want the light to come into the house). We have a fire pit and seating area on the other side of the house by the pool, so I don't need a lot of extra seating here. Any ideas would be welcome. I attached a few photos of house too to give you an idea of what my style is. Thanks!
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
How about something like this :
Sconset Residence · More Info
you already have a beautiful patio you would just need to get an artisan to craft you a beautiful pergola like this one that will let in plenty of light .
5 Likes    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 12:23PM
Scott Design, Inc.
Consider a long, narrow planter box at the base of the garage wall and lattice above it that will support all season greenery You could tuck a wall fountain in its midst.

Another approach would be metal cutwork panels back lit with some potted greenery to soften the stone surface.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 12:36PM
felixgrantham
Agree w/ Scott, this will give you a focal point. Like your exterior color choices!

Suggest you move the bench to be centered under the window & get a cushion for it to add some more softness to the space.

Tall potted trees on either side of the French doors will also add some interest to the space.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 12:54PM
Dar Eckert
Turn your sofa if you can so one leg of it faces the patio & welcomes the outside in. Sweet Caroline I think you nailed it with your suggestion. You could put a small water feature in the corner where the bench is now.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 1:10PM
Sweet Caroline Garden Design
Thanks, Dar, don't know if you can see it or not but there's a water feature in the center above.
    Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 1:12PM
gredea
Thanks for the comments and ideas. The table that's on the patio now was just throw out there, not in any particular spot. I didn't plan to keep it on patio. I do like the idea of getting a bench there though. Dar: the reason the sofa is facing the direction it is is because there is a built in tv screen there. The sofa actually does face French doors on the other side as well. Would love some ideas about a wall water feature. Thanks!
    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 11:08AM
carbary
I think you should think of it as an interior space. A sofa under the window, an area rug, two club chairs a coffee table and large art on big wall could be iron, resin or a fountain
1 Like    Bookmark   June 20, 2013 at 5:26PM
Need ideas for courtyard
Any idea what to do with this space? Would love a...
butterfly87
courtyard type patio ..need help
My very small cement patio is enclosed on one side...
kathyb1lmt
Courtyard Help!
Hi there! I have an "Eichler Style" house with a...
Allison Konwinski
Front Courtyard Ideas
Need some ideas to transform our front courtyard. It...
imsteruk
Courtyard makeover/ more pics
First pic is of wall to be removed. Pic two is of the...
Michael Bowen
Need help on Kitchen layout redesign
The kitchen has 4 walls of which each wall has a entry...
Grand Valley Tile
Hardwood mismatch nightmare
We hired a hardwood flooring installer to refinish...
leannienh
Best paint color with honey oak
We just purchased a new home with all honey oak trim...
kfrugoli
UGLY SIDING! HELP!
Just purchased a house and on our limited budget we'd...
Jasmine Patterson
Furniture placement in small L-shaped LR/DR
Help! We recently moved into a new rental house and...
ahk1109