Beachy, Craftsman Mid-Century
tarahildreth
Yes, those are my loves in design (at the moment). I need help in designing my new eclectic living room.

My house has a bit of craftsman, the exterior, my new doors not installed and soon to be new molding. The colors are beachy - light, greys, blues and whites, my bedroom is light yellow and bathrooms are a light sea foam.

My living room I would like to add orange and purple accents and some mid-century pieces. My color scheme is greys, orange, purples, silvery blues. My dilemma is the layout of furniture. This is the only living space aside from the kitchen to watch TV, socialize with friends and use the fireplace. I want to keep an open feel from the entry to the kitchen but the fireplace and window makes it an awkward layout. I want to add some mid-century pieces like a Eames rocking chair and also a nice big wide chair. I have a natural 8X10 carpet on order as well as a 5X8 blue/grey/orange dhurrie to layer over it. (please excuse the mess, the boyfriend didn't notice the mess when he took the pictures... :D )

Also, that fireplace..... ugh! I eventually want to make it over with nice clean lines of natural wood all the way up. A more rustic modern look. But, not sure what to do in the meantime.
2 Likes   June 19, 2013 at 5:28PM
tarahildreth
Thanks! I really like the eclectic style of the last 2.
1 Like   June 19, 2013 at 11:01PM
Chenai Maguwah
Love the Kid Friendly and Fabulous, As a woman who's planning on having kids, I'm hoping I dont have to sacrifice style to keep things around the house safe and compfy.
2 Likes   June 20, 2013 at 8:53AM
DMH DESIGN
Tara--I like the colors, esp. the Kid and the Sandberg. Here are a bouple of fireplace ideas, the first was done with hemlock trim and fir mantel with slate tile (the corbels hadn't been stained yet) and the second is all done in oak with granite tile inset. Stylistically, not a complete match in terms of wall color, but two ideas, one pretty clean and the other more traditional. Good luck with your design process. This is the second option, I can't get the first to attach.
0 Likes   June 20, 2013 at 12:21PM
Updating a mid-century modern (ranch / rambler) with craftsman accents.
We are in the planning stages of a remodel. Our house...
combining craftsman with mid-century modern
I'm renting, so I can't paint or take out carpet. ...
Looking for a mid-century / mid-century modern sofa for under $1,500
I live in New Orleans, so unfortunately I'm not near...
Mid-Century Modern has medieval century basement bathroom!!
Cramped...wallboard shower walls...floor drain vs....
Turn a mid-century house into an aging-in-place home
This 1000 sq.ft. 1954 house needs updated heating,...
New wall color needed
This guest bathroom was renovated 3 years ago and I...
Help with bathroom lighting
We have a home built in the late '70's and the top...
Best off-white/cream color for kitchen?
Our dining area is open to the kitchen but has no window....
Need help with my attic bedroom
I'm 17 year old guy and I need help with my attic bedroom....
Boring Bedroom needs Quickie Update
I've grown tired of my minimalist bedroom and I am...