need to bring my dining room and living room to life

abarnewoldJune 20, 2013
I would like to keep the table, the fireplace and chairs. As far as the living goes i would like to keep the sofa, and the cabinet against the staircase wall.
Changing the wall color would be a good way to update a room if you are keeping most of the furniture.
    Bookmark   Thanked by abarnewold    June 20, 2013 at 7:59AM
abarnewold
the table is a black with a worn look and in the living room i have the brown sofa. I don't know where to begin. I was hoping to get some more feedback. All of the stuff around the table and fireplace are now gone as i am trying to get rid of the clutter. I use the cabinet as a mini bar.
    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 6:13AM
marthg35
i would take everything out of the room but the dinning table and chairs for now. take the cloth off the table. If the table is worn get a piece of glass cut to lay over it. now pick paint color. Soft grey or grey blue would be pretty with the black. Slowly start putting things you need back in the room and go from there. Might want to paint the mantel same color as wall or trim and accent with black to match table. Put some mercury glass candlesticks of various sizes on the d.table for a dramatic look. Also after you get the feel for the room choose silk drapes either in the same color family as walls and add sheers behind to cover that a/c unit.Make sure the drape rods go all the way to ceiling for height. you need this because of the large chairs and table. Replace the picture above mantel with over sized large dramatic mirror, this should tie in the effect you are going for. Later you can cover chairs or add a rug.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by abarnewold    June 21, 2013 at 6:24AM
marthg35
Get rid of the cabinet you are using as a mini bar and get a mirrored console. they have cheap ones at kirklands or you can do a search. that would really pull in the mercury glass and mirror pieces.
    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 6:25AM
abarnewold
I have a small sideboard that i have been saving for a rainy day. I am going to cover it in that mercury mirror. The table is in new condition. ;) I have 3 teenage boys. This was the only pic i could find.
    Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:17AM
need help with my living room and dining room
ok, i did a lot of the suggestions from everyone, painted...
panamstew
How can I bring light and life to my living room.
It's a huge living space that needs help and I have...
Torian Walters
Needing help with living room/dining room layout
Hello, I have recently moved into a new apartment...
Six Silver
How to bring life to this dining room? It seems something is missing!
I was thinking about putting mirrors on the wall on...
fabi_pie
"Need help accessorizing my living room & dining room tables & chair."
Hi, we are in desperate need of help. We've moved...
hartley643
Fix this master bedroom.
Hello all. I need help with making over my master bedroom....
sudeen
NEED HELP FOR VANITY BACKSPLASH IN BATHROOM ASAP!
Hi everyone, i'm finishing my bathroom & i have...
pinkupatel
Accents?
I'm not sure what to do with the walls in the room....
cmccall234
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Wendy
West facing light & frustrated on paint color :-(
I'd be so elated to get some help here on a dilemma...
earthydecorater