Exterior re-do
ginawithag
We are replacing our current concrete foundation with brick. Will a brick paver driveway & walkway, along with a brick foundation all work well with my style home (whatever it is...not sure)?
mmilos
You have a traditional home. I think a brick foundation would be a great addition...use the same brick as your entry steps. The driveway and walkway could be concrete outlined in brick, with brick "ribbons" if you feel a solid brick drive and walkway would be too much.
June 20, 2013 at 9:16am     
Looks like there is already brick stairway for the entry area.
June 20, 2013 at 9:34am   
Timberlane Inc.
Typically, shutters are half of the size of windows. Your shutters seem to be a bit skinny and that might be throwing off the exterior feel of your home. It is a beautiful home but with a brick foundation and panel or board and batten style shutters, your exterior would pop. Below are the colors that we have a available for our shutters, but if you find something else that you like we are able to custom color match any color!
June 20, 2013 at 9:48am        Thanked by ginawithag
Everything Beautiful Home Designs LLC
Use the same brick on your steps and get wider shutters. TIMBERLANE is right. Pep- Up your landscape but don't use red mulch.
June 20, 2013 at 11:36am        Thanked by ginawithag
The pencil trees and three clumpy shrubs are out of visual sinc with the other greenery nearer the steps. I'd remove them and put in dwarf azaleas, and edit the clumpy greenery around the fountain and statue too. Agree that the shutters are too skinny. When you search under Photos for white house brick foundation, you rarely see such red or so much contrast. Consider a visually softer color of brick unless you want to leave the red and paint the house for less contrast.
New Orleans Charm with a Private Courtyard
Custom Craftsman Home Exterior
Residences in DeBordieu Colony, Georgetown, SC
June 20, 2013 at 11:54am     
ginawithag
We are replacing all brick currently in place. I want to use an old brick style...something like reclaimed Chicago old style brick...on the steps, porch, and foundation (currently dark gray concrete)
June 21, 2013 at 9:31am   
ginawithag
More current pics attached:
June 21, 2013 at 9:35am   
ginawithag
More "updated" pics attached:
June 21, 2013 at 9:40am   
anne dee
this pic could reference the white against the old brick

June 21, 2013 at 9:43am     
Ruebl Builders LLC
The only contast that you really see from the road is a white house with black shutters I think there should be more contast maybe the siding needs to be a biege.
June 21, 2013 at 10:00am     
Mary Pointer
You have a beautiful home, please post pics when complete! Good Luck!
June 21, 2013 at 10:04am     
Mary Pointer
I love the white siding, I would personally do something with the plants. If you are in the south, you might be tired of the typical picks, Azaleas, Crepe Myrtles, or rose bushes, but you really need some color. I also agree that the shutters need to be replaced and maybe a different color used.
June 21, 2013 at 10:10am     
ginawithag
Mary pointer, what color do you suggest?
June 21, 2013 at 10:20am   
ginawithag
Rubel Builders, OMG, r u kidding?! We recently repainted the white. I doubt my husband would go for repainting AGAIN! Looks like we're stuck with white/black for awhile! :-)
June 21, 2013 at 10:22am     
Ruebl Builders LLC
I'm not saying you have to I think the design is great!!!just throwing the idea out there.
June 21, 2013 at 10:39am     
Mary Pointer
Gina, the black shutters don't look terrible. I would live with them too, but I would suggest painting the front door glossy black, and adding a kick plate in a nice shiny brushed gold or brass. That would look so beautiful! If you decide to change the shutters, I like a lighter color like sage green or slate blue. I hate to say it but the real problem I see are those tall cone shape trees, I would cut the down to a couple of feet below the roof lines, if you keep them. Then add in some peonia's or drawf rose bushes. That would be lovely. It looks like you are limited on space in the flower beds, you might want to add a small bed on the other side of the walkway, just where it meets the driveway. I would personally do a curved bed, with a crepe myrtle or a rose of sharon bush cut into a tree form. Hope this advice helps.
June 21, 2013 at 11:03am     
What type of pro do I need for re-doing my home's exterior?
I have to re-side my house. It's a large 3 story very-knotty...
Help with Re-Do of Exterior of Tudor Home
We purchased this home in November and have almost...
Great ideas in the space! I'm doing the same type of re-do.
I, too, found the Ramsjo doors to be almost pink, so...
What order to re-do the kitchen if we can't do it all at once?
Hello Houzzers!!! I need your help!! :-) We have...
Help with Front Door Colour Please!
My Front door was originally the same colour as the...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
New House Practically Blank Slate
Just moved into new house--open concept living, dining,...
1948 bathroom redo
We are ready to rip this bathroom out. We are getting...
what would you suggest for this kitchen !! :)
Would you tear out the left side pantry or paint? ...