Would these dinning chairs go well? Should I do all 8 the same?
Christine Gerlander
These 8 chairs are on sale at Ballard designs for $189.99 ech and I think they would soften my dining area. Any suggestions are welcomed!! The fabric is black and cream with bright white diamond patterns.
Christine Gerlander
Here is my dinning room...
June 20, 2013 at 1:39PM   
Christine Gerlander
I don't have the rug anymore and I have 3" plantation shutters on the window. I am going to move the hutch also.
June 20, 2013 at 1:40PM   
carolins
So the question is whether they will work with your table? I do believe they will.
June 20, 2013 at 1:47PM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Mark
Do you have a picture of the chair in the black fabric you are referring too ?
June 20, 2013 at 1:50PM   
Judy M
Pretty room and chairs, have you measured chairs to be sure you can fit 3 on each size?
June 20, 2013 at 1:51PM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
June 20, 2013 at 1:52PM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
carolins
What Judy said and make sure the seating height is okay.
June 20, 2013 at 1:53PM     
I like the chairs, BUT, 8 is an awful lot of fabric and a lot of skirt. Have you considered host/hostess chairs at either end and keep the Windsors? Ballard has some great chairs and wonderful fabrics.

Or go with their Parson chair with slipcovers. Then you can wash or dry clean.

P S lower your chandy to 36" off the table. :>)
Winged Chair
Parson's Armchair Slipcover, Indochine Ikat Denim
June 20, 2013 at 2:06PM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Mark
@judyg that's why I asked to see the actual chair she is referring to because the chairs are suppose to be black and cream with bright white diamonds. That's a whole lot of pattern also in 8 chairs around a table.
June 20, 2013 at 2:11PM      Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Mark, I think Christine did post the chair right off, because I went to Ballard to see if it came host/hostess with arms. But no.

Christine, there was no black chair in the group on sale.

Christine, just worried about all that fabric and the fact you can only spot clean.

Do you know Carrington Court? http://www.carringtoncourtdirect.com/products.cfm?TypeID=10
June 20, 2013 at 2:18PM      Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Oh, Mark, I see what you mean…you want to see the black fabric…I didn't see that fabric.
June 20, 2013 at 2:21PM   
Christine Gerlander
I like your idea of using 2 different chairs at each end, but I am not sure what to use. Fabric or non fabric. Since the chairs are such a great price I thought I could add a runner over the bottom and it would be solid. They have solid colors also like a light tan which will work also but I was concerned with all the black in the table. I love the idea of lowering the chandlier also!
June 30, 2013 at 4:41PM   
Christine Gerlander
Mark: I think the chairs I have now are to casual. I am trying to go for the casual elegant look. I also like the chairs that have the shorter shirt. What do you think about those? I also found this chair but I think the fabric is to country. What do you think? Thanks in advance!
June 30, 2013 at 5:02PM   
Mark
I will explain why I wouldn't want any chairs with the skirt right to the floor. I have had that type of chair before in my dining room and for me it was just too much material going on and one thing that bothered me and it is just a quirky thing with me is that I didn't like how all that materral blocked out light coming from under the table. It was just a wall of fabric. As soon as I moved the chairs away from the table my dining room felt light and airy again. Even every day cleaning of he floor was a pain because with skirts to the floor I had to pull each one out to make sure I got under the table. At least with chairs with no skirts you can quickly swiffer under and around the chairs in no time. The short skirt is cute, does it come in any other fabric ? You could skirt the two head chairs to the floor, I definitely think the two head chairs should be different from the rest of the chairs because I think 8 of the same chair is too much.
July 1, 2013 at 1:56AM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
kitasei
I can't see how chairs with box skirts to the floor could warm up any room. It's a very formal look...
July 1, 2013 at 2:24AM      Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Mark
Does anything like this appeal to you ? Picture this with two white slipcovered parson chairs at the two ends.
July 1, 2013 at 8:03AM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Christine Gerlander
Love these!!! Where can I get them? I was going to so something similar with these I found on Craigs List. Great minds think alike! Should I do solid black skirted on the ends? You are a great help!!!
July 1, 2013 at 9:37AM     
0825sam
If you refurbish those chairs I like judyg's wingback chair for your head chairs
July 1, 2013 at 9:44AM      Thanked by Christine Gerlander
carolins
White for the head chairs I'd say.
July 1, 2013 at 9:54AM      Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Mark
The chair I suggested is from Ballard, Louis xvi
July 1, 2013 at 10:15AM      Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Christine Gerlander
Shoot, they don't have the set when I inquired :(
July 1, 2013 at 11:31AM   
July 1, 2013 at 12:29PM   
Christine Gerlander
I really don't want to pay so much for chairs and I am really handy so how about if I use these and either keep them the same and change the seat fabric to something black and white or I can paint them a high gloss black? I also found these white ones...
July 1, 2013 at 2:17PM     
Mark
I think the cane back ones would look really sharp in Black gloss with a criss cross stencil pattern on the back. The white ones are nice but I think they might be a too short, if they are a good height they too would look nice painted gloss black.
July 1, 2013 at 2:25PM   
Mark
This is what I mean about criss cross stencil on the back.
July 1, 2013 at 2:38PM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Christine Gerlander
You have great taste!
July 1, 2013 at 2:54PM   
Christine Gerlander
Here is a picture of my kitchen which is all open along with my living room. Should I do white/off white chairs? What do you think about leaving them the natural color as it is similar to the table top and then I could use black and white fabric and maybe I will even sew a short box skirt?
July 1, 2013 at 6:58PM   
Mark
The natural color even with new seat covers I think will still look like a dated chair. Painting them off white would be ok, but I think those chairs may need to be changed a bit more to make them look current. Take a look at these chairs and see what look best reflects your style, if any at all.
July 2, 2013 at 12:50AM   
Mark
Another
July 2, 2013 at 12:53AM   
Christine Gerlander
Mark thank you so much for all your help and pictures! I think I have finally figured it out! I am going today to get the chairs! What did you search to find these pictures of these chairs? On Houzz?
July 2, 2013 at 5:13AM     
Mark
slipcover for chairs on google
July 2, 2013 at 5:17AM        Thanked by Christine Gerlander
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Help!! Curtain design challenge!
Hello all, I desperately need help with the windows...
Building a 4 Season room
I'm planning an addition to my home. A 4 season room...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...