Keep 'em or return them? Lighting Question
noreaster88
I just got two wall lamps from a major retailer via UPS. They show them in their catalog as mounted on the wall on either side of a bed, presumably to be used as reading/bedside lamps.

So...I unpack them and they're great...except I notice a sticker saying 60 watt bulb maximum. My current bedside table lamp has a 100 watt bulb in it. However, it also has a dark parchment shade and is on a table next to the bed, not mounted above it.

These new wall mounted lamps have white shades and are adjustable so that they can be moved multiple directions to be closer to whatever you're trying to look at.

So...will 60 watts be enough or will I go bonkers and should put them back in the box right now? (Which won't be easy as they were packed like Faberge eggs and it took me ten minutes to unpack just one of them...)

Thanks for any input...
Debbie Wright
I think 60 watts will be enough. Sine you have a darker shade now. Some 60 watt bulbs seem bright with the new bulbs the make you can lay them down with light bulbs in them and get a better idea. But the sound like lovely lamps.
June 20, 2013 at 3:41pm     
Whispar Design
It depends on how good your eyes are :) There are wall mounts that can take up to 150W bulbs like this one:

If you really like the lamps you have, CFL's may be an option because 60W incandescent is equal to 13W CFL
so you could go with a 100W equivalent CFL (23W) if it will fit. Keep in mind it can not be dimmed unless it is a dimmable CFL. Hope this helps
June 20, 2013 at 4:42pm     
noreaster88
Thank you both. I must confess that the new lightbulb options confuse me no end, no matter how many times my husband tries to explain them to me.

But the lamps are staying, and thanks for the help, as they are really cute and I got them at 20% off, which makes my thrifty Yankee cheapskate self quite happy.

Thanks again!
June 21, 2013 at 8:50am     
Beautiful room! Keep returning to view. Couple of more questions.
How high are the walls? Also, what is the degree of...
Curious about the speed wracks..where did you get them/have em made?
What looks to be wrought iron on the speed wracks is...
Keep it or return the rug?
Just bought this rug and placed it under my dining...
A not so kid-friendly stylish couch-- keep or return?
I bought this highback tuffted linen loveseat for the...
Need help with roof and shutter colors
Hi, Our house's color scheme is definitely NOT my...
Wood burning or gas fireplace?
We are building a home and trying to decide wether...
Is Siberian Oak a bad idea?
I am considering purchasing the Provenza Old World...