Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kralspace

Is/Was that a porch on the left hand side tha has been enclosed?

kralspace
10 years ago
Ellen Grasso Inc · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
    10 years ago
    Yes there was a porch on the left-hand side. It's now a small library. We left the original glass doors from the living room, put in on wall of floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, and a cool chandelier. It's a great usable space.
  • kralspace
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    wow! We have 5 house here in West, Texas that are similar to that layout (but with only one story). They all have the wrap around porch on that side, curved arches, etc. Mine was close enough to the blast to sustain a lot of brick stress damage and that porch will have to be taken apart and rebricked for the most part and I was looking at a way to incorporate it into the house area. There is a blocked off door in the living room that opened into it along with the front bedroom door. Thanks for a great idea! Your house is beautiful!
  • kralspace
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Just to clarify, I don't have 5 houses, I own this one, but there are four others just like it scattered around town ;-)
  • PRO
    Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
    10 years ago
    It made a a really nice space. It originally had the arched openings on the side too but we closed them in to allow for the wall of bookcases. I've done a bunch of houses like this int he Park Cities are of Dallas. Square footage is so valuable that no wants to waste it on a porch that's in the wrong place.
    kralspace thanked Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC