Kitchen backsplash dilemma
uccellina
This is a photo of the kitchen in my guest house. I don't know where to start and stop the backsplash. I tried to find a tile that would add a bit of bling but nothing appealed to me. Any help would be appreciated.
Aggie dba Aggie Designs
I would do an earthy stone one on the entire hood wall, and then continue it on the side under cabinets, but not above. You could do a thin natural stone subway in a herringbone pattern...

]
1 Like    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 5:30PM
Ideally the entire wall surfaces should be tiled especially beside the stove.
    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 6:38PM
sstarr93
Since it is a guest house, the only place you really need tiling is behind the stove. And there, you could create a focal point for the kitchen. I would encourage you to seek out a local artisan to create a truly unique and beautiful end wall.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 6:51PM
lntrcrts
Start at the edge of the cabinet, go all the way around keeping the same height. When you get to the stove take it all the way up and then back down to the original height as the opposite side all the way to the edge of the cabinet.
    Bookmark   June 21, 2013 at 7:00PM
Glass Tile Store
I agree. start at the outer cabinet edge , left or right edge and end then end at the outer edge as well. For your room, I'd recommend this tile http://www.glasstilestore.com/shop-by-colors-now/gray/cloudburst-free-form-cracked-joint-brick-marble-tile.html
    Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 7:43AM
JDM Countertops, Inc.
I think it'd be spectacular to do the whole wall behind the hood in a mosaic, but I understand if you don't want to since it's a guest house. Just keep the back splash all the same height, in that case, stopping under the uppers.

For a bit of "bling" how about something like these:
1 Like    Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:20AM
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
Your Kitchen is remarkable. The hood, cabinets, floors and ceiling beam are beautiful together. So I have two ideas you might like. If you run your tile from countertop to the bottom edge of the cabinet crown moldings the lines would work nicely. I'd bring the tile onto the adjacent wall/s from the same point down to the counter top.
With this scheme a mosaic like the one above would look great. You can run a simple pencil tile across the top of your new backsplash so that it echoes the base of your cabinet molding.
Next idea is to find a rectangular tile which is in keeping with the color of your counter tops. Porcelanosa make a beautiful porcelain which looks like sandstone and has a 3-d pattern like waves and others. Install these rectangles (about 9x18) running up the wall in line, not like subway patterned, do the entire wall only.
1 Like    Bookmark   September 26, 2014 at 2:18PM
Backsplash dilemma." tile or not? "
hello , we built our house 3 years ago and didn't...
knipp
BIG DILEMMA!!! Need help removing mosaic backsplash in kitchen.
So, my mother decided to take on a big project she...
xazilizax
Kitchen backsplash dilemma #47:)
Granite is costa esmerelda. Husband says white ceramic..I...
beachlily
DESIGN DILEMMA: Does your kitchen have a backsplash?
Why or why not? Don’t forget to post pictures! Check...
Shea Homes - Arizona
Backsplash dilemma
Need suggestion for kitchen backsplash. Beachouse driftwood...
stalbott
Need help with 70's wood wall!
My husband and I recently bought a cute 1940's fixer-upper....
doityerself
Need help with my awful Small Powder Room! It has an unusual problem.
My tiny Powder Room needs a remodel! These before...
Kelley
York Antique White Kitchen And Bath Cabinets Done by Lily Ann Cabinets
Hello Houzzer, How are you all , i believe all are...
Lily Ann Cabinets
Need help with designs and ideas for breakfastbar/bar
we are in the process of remodeling kitchen I have...
Rhonda Thomas
What can I put here?
Hi all Could you please help me with this empty wall? Thank...
alaahq